Need a small back rest for the Busa. If one is made for it

Chris79761TX

Registered
Does anyone know if there is a small sporty back rest made for the Busa? My wife loves riding on the bike but with her forever crouched over hanging on to me hurts her back. And it can wear a guy out holding myself and her up when driving

Corbin makes them for their passenegr seats.
A member here KV4Hotdog also makes some very nice ones that work with the stock rear seat.
You can pm him for details.

I am also looking into this. The Corbin setup seems like the spendy way to go....but also the most well thought out. You can just pop the backrest into the rear seat, I think, and retain your grab bar. The issue with the corbin is that they make it out of leather so it wont match my front seat and I am not sure what I will eventually end up with as far as a front seat so I decided to hold off. The little trunk thing that you can attach to the rear of the backrest is pretty sweet too.

I am also looking into this. The Corbin setup seems like the spendy way to go....but also the most well thought out. You can just pop the backrest into the rear seat, I think, and retain your grab bar. The issue with the corbin is that they make it out of leather so it wont match my front seat and I am not sure what I will eventually end up with as far as a front seat so I decided to hold off. The little trunk thing that you can attach to the rear of the backrest is pretty sweet too.

If you do go with Corbin make sure you call them.
They offer a couple different material patterns and a few colors, and they aren't on the website.

If you do go with Corbin make sure you call them.
They offer a couple different material patterns and a few colors, and they aren't on the website.

I've also had 4 rider/driver seats and tried a couple more.
They are 100% a personal preference. Try as many as you can before you spend the money.
Corbins also take a long time to break in, 1k to 2k miles depending on your weight.

My wife loves our Corbins.

IMG_1388.jpg

I looked at many of the options too. I ended up going with a Givi top case with the backrest pad option. The case is mounted on an SW-MOTECH rack. This gave my wife a place for her purse while we were riding. She loves the backrest and the top case comes in very handy. The whole package is a little expensive but the benefits are worth it.

Thanks Sixpack, Do you know if their vinyl product called "Asphalt" is a close match to the stock seat material?

Thanks Sixpack, Do you know if their vinyl product called "Asphalt" is a close match to the stock seat material?

No, sorry, I couldn't say as I've never seen that material on a Corbin in person.
I have the carbon pattern leather on mine, and that and plain leather on previous Corbins on other bikes.

Thanks for all the help on this. I think I am going to go with the Corbin alot of options and I like the styles they have. Price is not an issue if it means my wife will be more comfortable and safer on the back :cheerleader:

Corbins are really nice, but very pricey which is why I came up with my own design. It mounts at the same location as the grab bar and you don't have to buy a new seat. It also has a luggage rack for long trips. My girlfriend loves it. The gen 1 are 225 and gen 2 are 250. If you are coming to the Spring busa bash at the dragon I will bring it to you there and knock off 30 since there will be no paypal or shipping fees. I will have it powder coated any color you want and the cushion I use matches the factory seats really well. PM me if your interested.
P8050338.jpg
IMAG0065[1].jpg

P8050338.jpg

IMAG0065[1].jpg

Injector, What litre size on the Givi top case did you choose, I have a MoTech rack also and am trying to make a decision about the size to get. I don't want to get one that's too small, but don't want a samsonite back there either. Probably thinking like you that my wife can lean on and take a few things too. Would you mind posting pics?

New Image makes a backrest for the Gen I for only $125.

Doesn't look like it would give much support, looks a little short. Also, how does it mount? Do you have to buy their seat with it to make it work? It looks good but is it functional? Plus it doesn't have a luggage rack for the longer trips or just for a girlfriend/wifes purse, but of course I am partial to the one I build.

Back