Corbin back rest pictures

88turborx7

Registered
Does anyone have a picture of a Corbin back rest showing how it connects to the Corbin passenger seat? I would like to simply purchase the back rest and mount it somehow either to my stock passenger seat or the grab rail with some fabrication, but I need to see how the back rest is made and connects first.

Mine is in storage, but I will do my best to describe the design.

On the back of the passenger seat there is a hole that runs the length of half of the passenger seat between the cushion and the base. On the backrest there is a square rod that is designed to fit into that hole and then is secured by a set screw under the base of the passenger seat.

So, the backrest only consists of the actual cushion for the rest and then a rotatable mount that has the square rod on it to mount to the passenger seat.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Sous! So, in your opinion, do you think it would be possible to fabricate a mounting system to the stock passenger seat?

Looks to me that as long as it comes with the luggage rack that it will bolt right up to the same holes for the stock grab bar.

Looks to me that as long as it comes with the luggage rack that it will bolt right up to the same holes for the stock grab bar.

If mine is bought.. What you see is what you will get, rack n backrest both for a simple bolt on install.. :thumbsup:

Back