Need a little help

OB_VegasDude

Registered
I dont mean to make you look bad but did you try to start the bike with kickstand down and in gear?.......the bike wont start that way..............

Kickstand down, not in gear. I even checked to see if the kickstand position sensor was stuck. And I don't think you can make me look bad, I can do that all by myself. I feel pretty stupid, and I'm not too sure exactly what I did. When I get it figured out (or when the shop does) I'm make another post to keep anyone else from doing the same mistake.

[This message has been edited by Busa_Owner (edited 04 September 1999).]

damn, dude, i feel for ya, nothing is easy is it..........there is always something.........well good luck....you might check your battery connections to make sure they are tight enough............

take a test light and trace your power wire from your battery all the way to your start button.
see where your power is not making it to.
without looking at my service manual, it might go from your battery to fuse box to start button and so on.
try this. it should help find your problem..

Does anyone have any information that could help me get my Busa running again? I was installing an alarm on it last night and everything was going good for a while. The alarm worked, wouldn't let the bike start, reset, bike started. Then, I'm not quite sure what happened. I tried again and the CHECK came on in the clock area and the engine temp went all the way to the top. I completely removed the alarm from the curcuit and checked all fuses. Same damn thing. I just got off the phone with the shop and they couldn't give me any help over the phone. They said (as I knew they would) that I would have to bring it in. I live an hour away from the shop and no way to get it there. They said I will have to pay for it because the Extended Service Contract doesn't cover that. Here it is Labor Day weekend and I had to be a stupid poop and brake my bike. Can anyone give me things to look for that may fix this. I tried to locate the Engine Temp sending unit but I can't find it.

Am I missing something here? The kickstand has to be folded up against the frame in riding position for the bike to start?

UPDATE...I got it started. I tore the bike apart tring to figure it out. Finally I thought about what VegasDude said, so just for the sake of doing it I pushed in the plunger that senses the postion of the kickstand. I hear the fuel pump start, the Temp Gauge dropped to normal and the clock came back on. This is with the bike in neutral. I can't figure it out, but I went for a nice long ride yesterday so I'm not bitching. I will find the real problem when I can get my hands on an eletrical schematic. Until then, I would warn anyone who wants to put an alarm (with engine kill) on their bike to be real real careful.

Back