PCII PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB_busagsx1300r

Registered
WELL, I TOOK THE BIKE TO THE DYNO TODAY RESET THE MAPPING BACK TO STOCK HOOKED UP THE PCII AND DID A COUPLE OF RUNS. THE BIKE RAN LIKE S--T. AND WHEN YOU WOULD LET OFF AFTER A RUN THE BIKE WOULD DIE. WHEN YOU TRY TO START IT THE FI LIGHT WOULD BLINK ON AND OFF AND WOULD NOT START. TRIED A COUPLE OF MAPS BUT IT WAS THE SAME RESULT. CONNECTED THE ORIGINAL BOX BACK UP AND IT RAN FINE. NO PROBLEMS WITH THE FI LIGHT AND IT DID NOT CUT OFF. SO, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. THE FUEL LINES ARE FINE AND THE SCREENS ARE CLEAN. I REMEBER READING WHERE SOMEONE HAD MENTIONED ONE OF THE WIRES GETTING TOO MUCH CURRENT THUS MAKING THE BIKE RUN BAD WHEN THE PCII WAS HOOKED UP. HE PUT A FILTER IN OF SOME KIND AND IT FIXED THE PROBLEM. COULD THIS BE IT? MAN, I AM SO PISSED. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. BY THE WAY, THE DYNO GUY SAID THAT HE THINKS IT KEPT JAMMING HIS COMPUTER. ERIC

try a search for "resistor" you should find the post about it---or search for posts BY DaveO he did it dont remember who for tho.

good luck dude

found it thanks lantabusa. now the problem is, im not good with electronics. so if anyone can tell me where to put the 600 ohm resistor that would be great. at least if that is in fact the problem. i just talked to jim at sunrise auto & cycle and he told me to send it back and he'll send me another one. i like that great service jim!!!!!! eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back