PCII Help

OB_DanaT

Registered
Ok,

I have tried to get a hold of dyno jet to help answer a question I have but with no luck. Maybe someone here can help.

Does anyone know what communications protocol the PCII uses? I am assuming that it uses RS232 but I have not been able to determine what the settings would be. Anyone know? I really want to see what is going on inside that little box.

-Dana

I'm having a friend of mine look to the Parameters of the Stock ECU and PC2.We are trying to find a way for a ECU to remap itself when Modifications are added.The problems are the massive amounts of Mods that can be done and the placement of the Fuel/Air ratio analyzer.

Nice idea, I'm sure it wouldn't be diffcult to write some kind of closed loop system that takes info from EGT whilst the bike is being ridden and modifies the map until it is correct.

Hey I might have a go at it myself if someone could publish the protocol for the PCII and lend me an analyser!

Lotus Esprit S4 Turbo's do exactly that, they even increase Turbo boost if cold ambient is detected, so the 264BHP Lotus quote is a worse case example (ie at altitude in heat.)

i looked into the same thng, was told a/f sensor flucuated to fast.i watch my haltech unit and it doesnt seem to bounce around to much but then agian i only run between 8000 and 10500

NumbNuts, dwc,

If you read up on car EFI systems, you'll find that they have the same fluctuation problems and still work. A lambda sensor that is very accurate accross a broad range is called a UEGO (Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen) sensor and costs like $800. O2 sensors for cars are the cheap $50 things.

The solution is this. Cars don't worry too much about absolute readings, but use "zero crossings". They try to make the reading go above and below the target point (usually 0.45 volts) as many times as possible. They are pretty good at getting it right that way.

I'm working on a collection system for my busa as we speak. But, I don't trust adjusting the system on the fly -- what if it gets in a weird loop where it keeps leaning it out? Oops, $3000 mistake. Fix the code, buy new pistons and try again. (at least you'll have an excuse for those new Wiseco pistons you've always wanted!)

Okay, put an aftermarket lambda sensor in that only fluctuates at the correct frequency. Or fit another one further down. As DM says it must be able to be done if it was on the Lotus.......

I was considering this last night over about 90000 pints of Guiness. Its the Irish and the way you tell em

Stay Safe

NumbNuts

i thought EYE could drink a lot of beer...damn, 90000 pints? crazy *** Brit.

Back