Neck Pain

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So since April I have been starting to have neck pain from pulling a muscle. I still get flare ups now mostly when I turn my head sharply right. It usually gets real bad when I ride with my head turns before switching lanes and such. Medical just threw pain meds at me and with persistance I have a chiropractor appointment in a week and a half, but I think it may be a muscle issue. With my own stretching and movements, I have been able to somewhat make it better over the last week so I feel it is a muscle tissue and not a chiropractor thing but it is free so I will give it a shot. I cant really give myself a good deep tissue massage and relieve whatever is wrong in my neck but what I do does seem to work a little.

I am starting to look up deep tissue massages and places in my area. Anyone think this would help?
Worst case scenario, I guess I get a good massage :laugh:
The neck pain is pretty bad, but I could deal with it. It just becomes a nuisance. I probably have a pharmacy's worth of muscle relaxers and 800mg ibuprofen that they have given me because I do not take pain medication ever.

Anyone had trouble with neck pain? Anything help with it?

I've had similar and a chiropractor can help realign your body which may help with the issue. The upper back/neck area is so interconnected that while a good massage & stretching could help, if you somehow got your body out of alignment you'll just end up back at the same spot again. The one thing, make sure the chiropractor is good and gets xrays before they start just jacking around with your back. They can see various things on the xrays that will help them sort out why you could be having the pain and look for things normal drs don't look for in them.

Best of luck, I've tried massage therapy, acupressure, acupuncture and stretching before. They all seem to help to a degree depending on how I got to the pain. Hope it goes well and you feel better! Pain meds just mask the issue and kill your liver/kidneys.

deep tissue massage did wonders for me. knots in the muscle can restrict blood flow and need to be broken up to return the blood flowing. very hot water in the shower for a good 30 minutes can do wonders to.

a deep tissue sports massage will hurt but its the only thing that ever helped me. if they do it too soft it never did chit for me. or u may have a tear that has never repaired itself. if thats the case then a deep tissue massage may not be ur solution.

I've had similar and a chiropractor can help realign your body which may help with the issue. The upper back/neck area is so interconnected that while a good massage & stretching could help, if you somehow got your body out of alignment you'll just end up back at the same spot again. The one thing, make sure the chiropractor is good and gets xrays before they start just jacking around with your back. They can see various things on the xrays that will help them sort out why you could be having the pain and look for things normal drs don't look for in them.

Best of luck, I've tried massage therapy, acupressure, acupuncture and stretching before. They all seem to help to a degree depending on how I got to the pain. Hope it goes well and you feel better! Pain meds just mask the issue and kill your liver/kidneys.

Yeah I also have the option for acupuncture too. I might have to go that route if this doesnt work. The pain is so intermittent it is stupid. One harsh movement and makes it flare up again.

Yeah Russ, as Zuk said, a good Chiro will x-ray you and work with a massage therapist. I owe my life to a dear friend that is a Chiropractor.
I still see him twice a month for routine maintenance and adjustment. With his help and rethinking how I was working out has enabled me to not only walk upright, but live mostly pain free and be able to work the hours a chef needs to.
If your Chiro is like mine, he is going to frown upon the riding while you are under his care, so be prepared for that aurgument :laugh: I used to crawl off my bike and hobble into the office at times. Not riding for me was not an option and Dr. Bob needed to be at peace with that.:whistle: 7 years later I'm right as rain.
Is your helmet of the heavier variety? Maybe it's you pillow? What are you doing @ work that may be contributing to your injury? Have you increased your weights durning working out?

Do you crack your neck? That was first question asked of me when I went to doc with pain.
Simply stopping that helped me tremendously. I get stress tense and then crack my neck and then get the neck pain.

Russ, a Rick Rollin pain in the neck...................Never. J/K buddy, hope you get fixed up. It takes more than one time with a chiro and dont be supprised if it hurts a little at first. You'll feel better a few minuets later.

I've heard Chinese chiropractors are as good as a US one and are cheaper.
But then again you probably already know that..:whistle:

Yes Kromdom with one paid session at a CHIROpractor of your choice you get a free set of chalfer rotors......

BUT WAIT...!!!!

Call now and we will double your offer and include a free set a chazzo levers too!

Yeah Russ, as Zuk said, a good Chiro will x-ray you and work with a massage therapist. I owe my life to a dear friend that is a Chiropractor.
I still see him twice a month for routine maintenance and adjustment. With his help and rethinking how I was working out has enabled me to not only walk upright, but live mostly pain free and be able to work the hours a chef needs to.
If your Chiro is like mine, he is going to frown upon the riding while you are under his care, so be prepared for that aurgument :laugh: I used to crawl off my bike and hobble into the office at times. Not riding for me was not an option and Dr. Bob needed to be at peace with that.:whistle: 7 years later I'm right as rain.
Is your helmet of the heavier variety? Maybe it's you pillow? What are you doing @ work that may be contributing to your injury? Have you increased your weights durning working out?

I have had the same helmet for 2 years. I havent been over pushing myself in the gym and I even took a week off to see if it would get better but nothing so far. I have changed pillows and slept differently. I am out of options pretty much besides chiropractor, acupuncture, and deep tissue massage.

Do you crack your neck? That was first question asked of me when I went to doc with pain.
Simply stopping that helped me tremendously. I get stress tense and then crack my neck and then get the neck pain.

I never crack my neck nor have I ever been able to :laugh: But yes I know that if you tend to crack joints often it allows fluid to get in them which causes pain or something like that. I never even crack my knuckles if I can help it.

I think the only hope for this poor Marine is for the whole 2012 womens volleyball team to come on over and give me a massage and heal my pains.....

tumblr_m76ny6cNi01qbygt3o1_1280.jpg

If anyone can make that happen, you would be doing your country a favor and have my utmost gratitude....

Back