NE1 using this "cage" over the frame sliders?

Tell you what...put it on and we'll kick your bike over to test it out.

Holy bucksnorting bullfrogs, if I could close this thread and delete it I would. Cheese-n-mice, I'll get the sliders already, everyone calm down
argue.gif

That's a stunt cage! And, if you tip it over in the parking lot it probably won't leave a mark other than the handle bar end and mirror. That's the good point.

The negative side is if you drop it at speed it will work fine until i hits the dirt or grass and it will dig in and send your prized busa into orbit with one of those spinning twisting dolphin moves and scatter parts and pieces all over gods green earth.

The second negative point is don't take it to the track because you'll drag that cage on the pavement in an otherwise sweet corner, unload the suspension, the tires will give up and your ass is into the air fence just that quick.

If you have anything other than stunting in mind or letting your woman learn to ride it in a big parking lot, leave the stunt cage to the stunters. It's much better to buy new plastic than to haul your busa home in a box.

If you have anything other than stunting in mind or letting your woman learn to ride it in a big parking lot, leave the stunt cage to the stunters. It's much better to buy new plastic than to haul your busa home in a box. [/Quote]

I wanted to learn her how to ride, but since she had our daughter, she wants nothing to do with riding, worse learning to ride. Heck, she flipped out when I left at 6am, came home at 9am with a busted Stator Cover, fixed it and rode back out at noon, finally making it home after 660miles around 2:30am...its been 2 days and she's still irritated with that.

Which this topic has me wondering about sliders... if the sliders will also make the bike flip and twirl like a junior gymnast, why use them? How many ppl actually buy them realizing if they ditch on a road and the bike hits soft stuff its all over? Weird. I guess when it comes to safety/convenience things I need to learn more.

the cage is ok looking. i have the extended frame sliders from tim @ freestyle. i luv them. i have option of attaching cage @ a later time if needed.

CAT3 - try the sliders first then maybe cage...

hell ...I like a way to mount some forward foot pegs for when I kick on the cruise control !
wow.gif

Back