Frame Sliders

MoeMar

Registered
Whats the best/strongest Frame Sliders out there?

Ones I had may have saved my leg but it broke in half mid side. It could have saved me some plastics if it held.

To be honest Moe Ive thought about frame sliders.. Here is my opinion..

They are UGLY!! they stick out and mess up the lines of the bike.

They work great in just tip overs not rolling tip overs, such as not doing the kickdstand mod bike falling while warming up. I havent seen any frame sliders that hold up under a low side crash over 30 MPH..

To be honest Moe Ive thought about frame sliders.. Here is my opinion..

They are UGLY!! they stick out and mess up the lines of the bike.

They work great in just tip overs not rolling tip overs, such as not doing the kickdstand mod bike falling while warming up. I havent seen any frame sliders that hold up under a low side crash over 30 MPH..

My T-Rex frame sliders did their job at 45 MPH. I would rate them a 10. JMO

Bike Crash 003.jpg

Bike Crash 005.jpg

the ones I had you had to cut the fairing over 2 inches to the right and up 1 inch from the above pic

just the fact that it may have saved my leg from getting caught between the bike and ground that I would put new ones

frame sliders1.jpg

frame sliders 2.jpg

Runner44 you are being nice with a 10 rating... you have damage. I'm sure it would have had more damage. but it broke on you

Runner44 you are being nice with a 10 rating... you have damage. I'm sure it would have had more damage. but it broke on you

The sliders are to protect the frame. I think it would be hard to find some that totally protect the fairing. No part of the sliders were broken in the accident.

Use a stunt cage, bout the only way to save it. I have the trex as well and havnt tried them out at speed, my 6r fell over and only the slider got damaged. I dont trust something that small to save the bus, they just look like they are gonna help:laugh: peace of mind.

I have full race rails but knock on wood I've never had a tip over or had the bike go down so I can't tell you how it holds up or what it will save.

:whistle: just keep your insurance paid up. :laugh:

i saw some that bolt on my the footpegs. something like that might be what your lookin for.

0130111810.jpg

0130111810a.jpg

Here is mine from last week end. They are t rex sliders. What got my fairings is the bank i slid into. The sliders definetly saved the lower part of the fairings. If it was not for the bank it would have been just scratches. 30 to 40 MPH . WHOO WHOO now i get new paint, Tires. And a lot more.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

I am a fan of the T-REX NO-CUT sliders and have also crash-tested them on my old 08........did its job as designed: ZERO damage to the FRAME. I never expected it (nor any style/brand of FRAME slider for that matter) to protect the FAIRINGS (I am guessing this is why they are NOT called fairing sliders).

FWIW, I also have the T-REX NO-CUT on my 09: why cut a hole in a perfectly fine fairing :whistle:

Back