National Anthem at Jets vs Steelers game..

Could it possibly be JUST that...

1. Even the Patriots of this nation feel quite a bit "Beat Down & Disgusted" that..

2. Being at the final pre-superbowl PLAY-OFF GAME that they were so excited to be there that...

3. Ther'ye disgust in the current state of affairs of our nation was overwhelmed by their Pre-Game Excitment of even being able to "be there"?

Just a few thoughts of why i may have very well acted the same..

or not. :whistle:

Our world here in the U.S. is not changing...it HAS already CHANGED...i myself suffer discouragement and depression remembering what was as compared to what IS our Nation Today...This is the result of a corporate ruled government and a nation of broken borders and broken spirits as we were pitted against the world in a global economy...and what i found particularly troubling as of recent is that as i have returned to the 12 step rooms i once knew and loved so well?..i now see folks stepping out of the circle of closing prayers as it is NOT within their belief system to participate..as it seems and is...we are no longer..."One Nation Under God"...nor are we "Indivisable"..as proven we certainly are and growing moreso at an expotential rate.

The Once Great Melting Pot doesnt require that immigrants actually melt and mold into the scheme of things..as now?...it's just a pot..and as it seems?..anyone is welcome to just jump in and do it their way instead of the once great "American Way"...and trust me..

MARINE1.jpg

I'm just as sad about it as you are..but facts is facts..L8R, Bill. :cool:

I must have been watching something different. Having grown up in Pittsburgh, and with family still there, I know the people of Pittsburgh are hard-working, blue-collar, and patriotic. This is part of an article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, and below is a video from the field.

"Before the game, fireworks erupted from both stadium rooftops, as well as a larger set from Point State Park. Fifty local military servicemen and women were honored on the field in a welcome-home ceremony. And, just before country star Martina McBride sang the national anthem, local rap artist Wiz Khalifa performed his Pittsburgh-inspired "Black and Yellow" that has become an anthem for the Steelers."

Make no mistake there were tens of thousands of fans that were doing the right thing but there were many that were not. I did see players and fans singing the words as the music played and I think that is awesome...

But there were alot of folks just standing around talking and laughing during that same time too.

I completely agree that it is inappropriate and disrespectful to not stand quietly (unless you are singing), facing the Flag, until the National Anthem has concluded. I just want people to know that it is not the spirit of people in Pittsburgh to disrespect the National Anthem and the Flag.

Back