National Anthem at Jets vs Steelers game..

research on my ancestors revealed coming from France, they were forced to change to a "American name". They did so, because they wanted to be American.
Obviously that would never fly today, nor would I want it too. However, we have a huge "mass-immigration" problem taking place now. this does not allow for assimilation.
many here do not see themselves as Americans, instead they will always identify with the home country they abandoned, and are here solely to take advantage of the social and welfare system. A system that was created by Americans over many generations thru MUCH hardship, work, global conflicts and sacrifices. Any efforts to stem this trend is met by dirty tactics from the left (primarily) who use words such as 'racist' is a bogus manner.

a hyphenated American is a divided America.

You know, I'm so angry right now. I was reading this strand and agreeing how awful and disrespectful the crowd was....and then suddenly LIBERALS are being blamed? I am a combat Marine, career big city cop and have a gun locker full of guns....and I'm a liberal. Because someone may disagree with you on some issues politically, stop making them evil and inferior. There are a lot more conservatives on the org than progressives, that's fine with me but I will not listen to stereotypical crap about "the liberals", it's simply a pathetic oversimplification that villanizes a lot of good people unfairly. Raydog

But, are you really a liberal? Sounds like a liberal conservative to me.

Its funny to read everyones comments i agree i see evryones argument i know my past many generations family came from ireland,scotland, and from germany kinda wierd its sad to think that it has come to this ,and its hard to know that me growing up as a kid in school we would cover our hearts and pledge allegiance to our flag of the "united states of america" , now we have taught our kids that we the people believe that our kids should not do so , at what point did we decide this. That being said it has gone downhill from there or its always been going downhill it is now we are seeing the caus and effect of it all.

Am i right or am i right????

Its funny to read everyones comments i agree i see evryones argument i know my past many generations family came from ireland,scotland, and from germany kinda wierd its sad to think that it has come to this ,and its hard to know that me growing up as a kid in school we would cover our hearts and pledge allegiance to our flag of the "united states of america" , now we have taught our kids that we the people believe that our kids should not do so , at what point did we decide this. That being said it has gone downhill from there or its always been going downhill it is now we are seeing the caus and effect of it all.

Am i right or am i right????

Amen!

It seem that everytime something is a little off, it is the Left or Liberal's fault.

Can someone give me a number of how many of those doing the bad act were liberal, left, Mexican, Black, Chineese and Arab?

You know why those people don't feel like Americans? Because they are constantly reminded they aren't by all the complaining that mostly comes from the right.

If you want to complain about the imigration problem, you should first understand why it is happening.

Sorry to tell you, but the Right started this problem, the Left is just playing along. :whistle:

Just to clarify this......

Go back and look again, these folks that were disrecpectful sure didn't look like immigrants they looked just like US citizens so wrapped up in themselves that they forgot or didn't care to do the right thing...

What about the players that were just standing there with hands at their side? I don't think this is a right or left problem, this is a US problem. People that have no respect the Anthem and that don't know how to act.. The only people that need to be blamed are those people standing there.. You can't tell me that people don't know they are supposed to put their hand over their heart.... For every person that didn't do it there were 10 people around them doing it right setting the example...

typical of the org.

blame it on the immigrants, blame it on the illegals, blame it on the minorities......

its those damn illegals coming for the free welfare....

How many on welfare can even go to an NFL game, much less a sold playoff game.

please feel free to post pics of the illegals, disrepecting the national anthem at the NFL game.

CORRECTION:

I am sure there were probably some illegals at the game. However they were probably working as janitors, maintenance or selling all the drunken "citizens" beers.

Frankly I don't care if they were illegals that came into this country or native US citizens. The intent of the post was to bring up the disrespect of whomever was just standing there...

typical of the org.

blame it on the immigrants, blame it on the illegals, blame it on the minorities......

its those damn illegals coming for the free welfare....

How many on welfare can even go to an NFL game, much less a sold playoff game.

please feel free to post pics of the illegals, disrepecting the national anthem at the NFL game.
I don't think I care much for your post.

Frankly I don't care if they were illegals that came into this country or native US citizens. The intent of the post was to bring up the disrespect of whomever was just standing there...

Unfortunately, some took your post as a pulpit to spout thier anti-Illegal Immigrant rant.

I don't think I care much for your post.

wow, i bet we'd agree on most subjects. it's just the way you come off. like others are required to ask if you 'care' before they give their thoughts. i'm sure you're a nice gal, but geez, don't be so pompous.

I completely agree with ya Cap! But that crowd was more respectful than my fellow motorcycle enthusiasts at the 2005 MotoGP at Laguna Seca. What a bunch of A/Hs...... Hats left on, sitting on their asses, skylarking around, just a bunch of crap. So the problem is everywhere........

Unfortunately, some took your post as a pulpit to spout thier anti-Illegal Immigrant rant.

good point chief, I guess the anthem-issue sparked some people to underscore how our country is being wronged in other ways. of course this may not sit will with those who are 'pro-illegal'...

wow, i bet we'd agree on most subjects. it's just the way you come off. like others are required to ask if you 'care' before they give their thoughts. i'm sure you're a nice gal, but geez, don't be so pompous.
I am far from pompous and definitely not a gal and I really don't give a damn if you like me or not or disagree with my opinion. Next you are going to start bashing my parenting skills because I play video games. So let's go into this further, what have you done lately to commend someone or help them out on the org.? I briefly scrolled through your limited posts and really couldn't find much. The only thing I really see you contribute is BS. We have plenty of that to go around, do you think you can come up with something more productive?

Cap's post stands on it's own merit and I fully agree. The point I was making was....what the heck does weather you are a Democrat or Republican or Independant have to do with the hoards of "Americans" at sporting events that disrespect the flag? How many of them have "I support the troops" ribbons on their cars in the parking lot? As a Vietnam Veteran that lost friends in battle, I grieve that cultural change. If one looks at the issue as an adult, ethnicity has nothing to do with the disrespectful behavior.
I just will never again lurk in the shadows of a conversation when people try to link political persuasion to bad behavior. Raydog

P1000379.jpg

I think it would be safe to say that there was a large diverse group of people that did not respect the Anthem at the game.

I think that we all agree that it is inappropriate to just stand and talk or laugh and be disrespectful during the National Anthem.

I bet if we had the ability to break out all of the people that were guilty we would find Democrats, Republicans, single, married, hispanic, white, black, married, single with kids and without. I bet there were Christians, Athiest, Muslim and Jewish folks in the crowd and they all have one thing in common, disrespect...

Don't for a second think that this is a political or religious thing this has everything to do with disrespect and a poor choice to talk or be disrespectful while the song was being sung..

Disrespect crosses all boundaries and lines...

cap

NOW WAIT JUST A DURN DIGGITY DANG MINUTE !
I thought it was Bush's fault ?

:rofl:

Raydog cool pic.
What and where is that ?

I really don't give a damn if you like me or not or disagree with my opinion. Next you are going to start bashing my parenting skills because I play video games. So let's go into this further, what have you done lately to commend someone or help them out on the org.? I briefly scrolled through your limited posts and really couldn't find much. We have plenty of that to go around, do you think you can come up with something more productive?

racerV, your research on me is flattering, thanks. I hope things improve with your kids. Good luck my friend.

(ps- raydog, cool picture man)

Your research on me is flattering, thanks. I hope things improve with your kids. Good luck my friend.
Not sure what needs improving however I think my point is made crystal clear by your response.

Back