National Anthem at Jets vs Steelers game..

the picture reminds me of the garden at the National Museum of the United States Air Force military museum in Dayton. The most impressive display of aircraft i've ever seen. :learn: i bet some on here have been there. and it has free large motorcycle parking area at the entrance

NOW WAIT JUST A DURN DIGGITY DANG MINUTE !
I thought it was Bush's fault ?

:rofl:

Raydog cool pic.
What and where is that ?

On the path to the Vietnam War Memorial (below) you walk past this emotionally moving likeness that looks like "Warriors getting their bearings" before they get back into it. For some reason, I've invested a lot of time starring at those guys. I try to show up in DC every few years, don't talk about it much but the memorials are special places. Doyle

P1000378.jpg

I'll tell you what I'd like to see happen at the games...something to the effect of:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention. We will shortly be playing the National Anthem. The proper way to show respect is to stand if able, place your right hand over your heart, or if you are a military veteran or currently serving, salute, and either sing or stand quietly until the anthem is complete."

Then, let's see what happens...sometimes a little nudge might be all it takes.

I'll tell you what I'd like to see happen at the games...something to the effect of:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention. We will shortly be playing the National Anthem. The proper way to show respect is to stand if able, place your right hand over your heart, or if you are a military veteran or currently serving, salute, and either sing or stand quietly until the anthem is complete."

Then, let's see what happens...sometimes a little nudge might be all it takes.

Ive something similiar to that at our local AHL games. :thumbsup:

NOW WAIT JUST A DURN DIGGITY DANG MINUTE !
I thought it was Bush's fault ?

:rofl:

Raydog cool pic.
What and where is that ?

Don't take this the wrong way. Since you have to ask where and what the statue is. Please plan a trip to your Nation's Capitol. Visit all the monuments you possibly can.
You will never see all of them. You cannot and will not leave the same as when you arrived.

Please plan a trip to your Nation's Capitol. Visit all the monuments you possibly can. You will never see all of them. You cannot and will not leave the same as when you arrived.

+1 agreed

We have offices in Reston Va. I flew there for business (boy! were my arms tired!) I was able to visit the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Part of the Smithsonian. I have hundreds of pics. I'll bore you with just 3. Thx for looking all, you too racerv.

--spaceshuttle Enterprise
--air mounted guns of all kinds on display (russell would like these) :satisfied:
--and a certain B-29 piloted by Colonel Paul W. Tibbets. I think we ALL know what happened after that!

SpaceShuttle_Enterprise_04.jpg

IMAGE_011.jpg

Boeing_B29_EnolaGay.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way. Since you have to ask where and what the statue is. Please plan a trip to your Nation's Capitol. Visit all the monuments you possibly can.
You will never see all of them. You cannot and will not leave the same as when you arrived.

I'm fine. It is sad though that with as many countries as I've been too I've yet too really explore my own. I asked because his location (Reno) made me think maybe it was a memorial close to him. I know of the wall but dont recall ever seeing the statue. I would like very much to go to DC on my way up around down left right and on my way out to see Russ aKa Red1100cc in Wyoming.
:thumbsup:

Changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, WWII, Vietnam, Korean War Memorial. Home of George Washington at Mt. Vernon, Old Town Alexandria, Ft Washington, to name a few. These are must see places. To name a few. Plan a week minimum.
One thing that surprised me the most, each time I was there.... the number of foreign tourists ... I felt somewhat put back that so many people I know have never been to their Countries Capitol and here are all these people from other countries learning more than our own people about who we are. Put it on your bucket list. You will have no regrets.

Changing of the guard at Arlington Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, WWII, Vietnam, Korean War Memorial. Home of George Washington at Mt. Vernon, Old Town Alexandria, Ft Washington, to name a few. These are must see places. To name a few. Plan a week minimum.
One thing that surprised me the most, each time I was there.... the number of foreign tourists ... I felt somewhat put back that so many people I know have never been to their Countries Capitol and here are all these people from other countries learning more than our own people about who we are. Put it on your bucket list. You will have no regrets.

It's there . Definitely want to take the kids and wife up there as well.

What day of the year is it warm enough to go ?
:rofl: (ok sorry no disrespect, that was a 'winter' joke)

Walk the Length of the Vietnam Wall and it will change you. And that is just one memorial that will touch your soul. Those men and women all the memorials represent were great people. We are not the greatest country in the world by accident :bowdown:

It's there . Definitely want to take the kids and wife up there as well.

What day of the year is it warm enough to go ?
:rofl: (ok sorry no disrespect, that was a 'winter' joke)
May is a good month. If you go when school is out, it will be crowded. September, October are good. If you have to go when school is out...... early June.

And we won't stay that way by accident either, Steve. It takes hard work and courage, both moral and physical. I'm not sure that many Americans actually understand that anymore.

good point chief, I guess the anthem-issue sparked some people to underscore how our country is being wronged in other ways. of course this may not sit will with those who are 'pro-illegal'...

its called scapegoating, blaming one group of people for the all the problems we currently face.

Illegals did not ship our jobs to China
Illegals did not cause the current deppression

there are no illegals on Wall Street, except maybe cleaning the restrooms.
there are no illegals making bad laws in Washington

there are real problems, that need real solutions...not just rhetoric.

And illegals aren’t responsible for bad weather either.
However they do drain recourses on the back of the American taxpayer, estimates vary but are in the billions. That is a fact, not scapegoating. If you are pro-illegal activity that is fine, however I am not chief. thanks for reading...

Come on guys, this thread isn't about illegal immigration, who's right or who's wrong or even parenting. Lets get back to the subject at hand.

I'll start it again....

Your thoughts on people talking during the National Anthem? Please keep on subject or your post could be deleted.

Thank you,
Management :laugh:

And illegals aren’t responsible for bad weather either.
However they do drain recourses on the back of the American taxpayer, estimates vary but are in the billions. That is a fact, not scapegoating. If you are pro-illegal activity that is fine, however I am not chief. thanks for reading...

I have no problem with fixing the problem of illegal immigration. The problem is that although they are portrayed as a the main problem....

the truth is, there are more "american born" citizens taking advantage of the system, citizens that will never have a job, always be on public assistance, and will only have more children that will grow to leach off the welfare system like mommy and dad....

the biggest leaches, the biggest abusers of the system are citizens. look at th numbers. be angry, but be angry at the right people and for the right reasons.

Just to clarify this......

Go back and look again, these folks that were disrecpectful sure didn't look like immigrants they looked just like US citizens so wrapped up in themselves that they forgot or didn't care to do the right thing...

What about the players that were just standing there with hands at their side? I don't think this is a right or left problem, this is a US problem. People that have no respect the Anthem and that don't know how to act.. The only people that need to be blamed are those people standing there.. You can't tell me that people don't know they are supposed to put their hand over their heart.... For every person that didn't do it there were 10 people around them doing it right setting the example...

something my parents told me and my grandparents it all starts in the home and schools where we are taught, after that its up to each individual to do the right thing, you would think that for just for maybe 105 seconds people could recognize and do the right things during the anthem as we all have been taught to do and should do no matter who you are...

Back