Nasty Busa Rumor...06 is last year

Here's my thoughts....

Thought 1: I don't give damn what sorta PEAK RWHP the latest crop of liter bikes make..here's why...they mostly rob from peter to pay paul to get that "Extra PEAK HP" which comes at the expense of low-end and mid-range torque and this causes two problems for the street rider...

a. "Driveability Issues": example...one of my buds bought the new for '04 160RWHP Yami R1....and for street level riding???...he hadta downgear the freaking thing justa hang wioth the wild bunch or???....keep the tach in the attic as most of these latest liter class wonders couldn't pull a greased string out of a cats @$$ in the low rev ranges. LOL!!!!...and all for "PEAK RWHP BRAGG'IN RIGHTS" by the manufacturers and...

b. Name me just one liter class bike that will EVER generate close to 100FTLBS of Torque at a paultry 6,750rpms like the Mighty Busa does...there aren't any....and so long as there's no free lunchs between "Peak HP VS Torque" and...no replacement for displacement???....there never will be and....

c. "Elapsed Acceleration Times": This is a unit of measurement applicable to dyno's but is so often times overlooked by power mad greenhorns and novices that they hoodwink themself in the search for more Peak RWHP by which....

Bike "A" might only make 150 Peak RWHP while Bike "B" might make 170 Peak RWHP but....guess who wins the race if Bike "A" whips out 125RWHP in 3 seconds but it takes Bike "B" 4 seconds to generate the same 125RWHP???...and even though iBike "B" can hit a higher peak???.....it takes far to long to get there and Bike "A" wins.

Thought 2: The latest crop of liter bikes are just too diminutive to put to good use as a long range Hyper Sport Touring street machine...and even if I was still young enough to handle the slightly more agressive riding positions???..I just don't see myself tossing a set of soft saddlebags on any of the latest liter class bikes for a weekender...but I would with my Busa and would do so with a smile on my face...hell...I'm leaving south florida on it in a few days to ride 750 miles north to our Bash/Rally!!!...I wouldn't do that on K5.

Thought 3: Busa's Sell.....I've not hgeard of a dealership yet that had trouble moving new or used Busa's though thier showrooms.

Thought 4: (even though I know Suzuki couldn't possibly be that stupid???)...I hope they do stop selling and making them....which would leave all of us with historic living legends parked in our garages and currently...unobtainium. LOL!!!!

Thought 5: I had to buy a Busa....I had to own a Busa....I had to ride a Busa...as the battle between the Busa and the 12R was the battle of all battles and the one that put an official end to the "Speed Wars"...and reigned king...as the only battle left now see's the manufacturers left tweaking what's left of their mini bikes...and they might very well wring out some impressive PEAK RWHP #'s for sales/hype purposes but...

they'll never get that Busa Torque!!! LOL!!!!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

Busa was the king, is the king... and will remain the king
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I just received a fax (in Japanese) from the secretary of the accountant who does the taxes for the Mexican who mows the lawn for the Director of Marketing for Suzuki. She said she overheard that the '06 Suzuki Hayabusa will actually come with a 1694 cc engine that makes 499 rear wheel HP at 309lbs ft torque. Production is so limited that you actually have to assemble the engine yourself with all the instructions in Cantonese. The exhaust system is a 4 into 4 back into 3 up to a 1 that loops around and comes up through the rider's seat.
holy #### #### where the #### did get this

what the #### are you smoking

that is hilarious, I almost #### in my pants

I say ok let it end...... why because were all left on top with bikes that will take a major jump in value.... We could be holding something even more rare than we thought in the first place. We all own a legend.....

Back