RIP BUSA 1999-2006???

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I just visited Gixxer.com and read a post in which some guy heard Suzuki was gonna re-vamp the Busa for '06 and make that its last year and he wanted to know if that was true. Most of the replies were "its about time" and "good riddens" but nobody actually acknowledged the question at hand.

So I ask here, will 2006 will be the Busa's last year?

wow... here we go again
laugh.gif

...Now then whats a TRE
tounge.gif
rock.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Yep, repost.

Nobody knows Spigga , but if they spend money revamping it they sure as hell aint gonna only run it one more year.

Id put money on it that its going to get some nice upgrades in 06' but no major changes...frankly it doesn't really need them.

Why would they stop production on it?

It is one of the best selling bikes Suzuki has, if not the best!
wink.gif

I don't think it's going anywere but hopefully updated......
sad.gif

It wouldnt surprise me to see the ZX12r pass on but I think the Busa is still way too popular to stop production. Very active drag bike still and the engines are being used on all kinds of stuff. Popular bike to stretch & pimp for shows ... and finally, there are at least 5 adds in each of the top MC mags that show Busa's.

Anyone know what the production numbers are?

This topic has been touched on more than a 10 year-old at a Michael Jackson Concert!!

If next year is the last year, so be it, it will come back. I got mine, you get yours, lets ride and leave the rumors alone.

what might happen is something like the gsx1100
when it disapeared, the busa came out.
the thing is the 1100 went thru some changes from 86 till 98

http://www.suzukicycles.org/All-Suzuki/all_suzuki_models.html

but the busa never changed only for some aesthetics evolution.
I think the Busa is here to stay a couple of years before ZUk feels it needs to be revamped.

BTW the busa didn't replace the 1100, the 1000 did replace it in 2001.

i saw a bit in a motoring section that suzuki are doing a gsx1500 naked bike for 2006 and will be using the busa engine but re-boring the pic,s off the beast looked real nice ,but any high speed riding will rip head from body

I think these rumors are the result of the FACT that Suzuki and Yamaha are being bought by Honda. In a recent press conference they admitted that the speculation is in fact true.

They further added that since, of the three companies, the Hayabusa is unquestionably the best platform (manufactures term for series) they would combine the various models into one super bike based primarily on the Hayabusa, yet with subtle stylings from the Honda RR and the Yamaha R platform. It was decided that since Kawasaki has had such great success with their slipper clutch that they would change the platform name from "Hayabusa" to "Matee" based on the Kawasaki race series sold in Australia.

When the new bike hits the street it will be called the "RRRR-Mateee" marketed under an upbeat nautical theme.........

beerchug.gif

Seriously though ive really been thinking about the Hayabusa alot and I have searched the field far and wide trying to look for a reason for buyers remorse...I cannot find it and now have done enough research that I know I made the right decision...there simply is not another bike on the planet that can take the Hayabusa's place.

Anyways I was thinking about this...if they did stop production of the Hayabusa altogether then Id imagine the resale value would go thru the roof.

But this is unlikely so I was thinking about what it would take for me to upgrade my Hayabusa in the future and here is what it would take..

A bike that is as comfortable and stable on the freeway as the Busa AND can get to top speed faster and can do a 9 second quarter mile stock. Id want faster roll-ons on the freeway...something like 2.3 seconds from 60-80 and 80-100mph .

Back