2006 Busa Pricing, need help

jpowell490

Registered
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and new to Busa's. Rode for 30 years and had most models of bikes. Hope this isn't the wrong place to ask, but I need some advice.

I found a dealer who has a blue/silver 2006 Busa stored in the top of his shop. Brand new, no miles, but he wants 10k for it. The first thought is that is pretty high for a 4 year old bike, second thought.....well I don't know that is why I am asking.

Is it worth 10k? Was the 2006 year a good year model, etc?

Thanks for any feedback guys.

I paid 10k for my 06 in Feb of 06. No way that is any kind of deal at all. He is smoking crack if he thinks he can sell an 06 even new for that.

I know Carrol Shelby did something similar with the AC cobra's... He should wait a few more years or decades, and of course wait for all the other Gen 1's to completely disappear off the face of the earth or until there are only two left an then wheel that bad boy from the rafters an sell it..

This is not a good buy..imo You can find a Gen 1 with numerous mods an goodies for a lot less.. or as stated above get a Gen 2 new or a Gen 2 used with mods for less..

I hope the fumes or vapors or whatever other contaminants in the air at the dealer haven't had an ill affects on you.. good luck with the hunt.:beerchug:

I don't know about 10K but, you are talking about a new untitled bike, right?

You can pick up used bikes with low miles and unknown history all day long for the prices quoted above but, again you're talking about a new bike here. The real issue here is do you want a new Gen I or a new Gen II for about the same price?

Bought my '06 last a year and half ago for $7k and it had about 2k miles on it. That should tell u something.
You should def tell this dealer what '08 and '09's are going for to bring him back to reality.

Last edited:
Yea I about passed out when I saw 9999 on it. He went into the office and came back out and said, "that is as cheap as we can go". So I took a card and walked out. :whistle:

Yea I about passed out when I saw 9999 on it. He went into the office and came back out and said, "that is as cheap as we can go". So I took a card and walked out. :whistle:

As cheap as he can go? Well, hes gonna go cheaper, like it or not if he expects to sell it, EVER!!

Do you live in Indy ? Sounds like the crap some of these dealers in town would try to pull.

No I am in East TN, you would just have to understand that the internet has not made its way to some of the businesses here :lol:

All kidding aside, these guys are crazy. I did take Kromdom's advice and I am speaking to the gentleman who has the 08 for sale. Looks like a solid bike and in my price range. I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again for all your help fellas, I am sure I will be posting more. :beerchug:

I sold my '06 in summer of '08 with 6500~ miles on it, a GPS mounted to the double bubble, slip on exhaust, for 7k. I would say go in with a blank check or cash and start throwing out 6-7k range.. like everyone said, nothing special about '06s unless you just don't like Gen IIs (started in '08). Check out the classifieds on here to when you get some time, I've had nothing but good things from the members here, even bought a GSXR 750 off a forum member.

Back