2006 - worth the wait?

InsaneK9

Registered
I'm thinking of getting a new bike... after lots of research I've decided on the busa...

After calling around to local dealers to check inventory, I'm finding that (out of 3 local dealers in CA) only (1) bike is in stock. It seems that the dealers are not ordering more of the 2005's and are waiting for the 2006's according to one dealer. I have heard the 2006 will have a 1400cc engine and upwards of 200hp. The 2005 is already a beast, 2006 even more so. I'd like to find out what the members of this forum think about the new model and if they think it would be best to wait for 2006 or get a 2005 now. Any info on the 2006 would be great, web sites, etc.

Thanks in advance!

K9

Not sure where you are in Cali.....most dealers here in San Diego have at least 0ne of every color to choose from.

well i would wait no reason to settal for a slow busa
laugh.gif

how about this, IF YOU get any 2006 info on the Busa, let US KNOW! Cuz we dont know jack about it.
rock.gif

Except the LE will have an extended swingarm and a luggage rack out back as an option.
cool.gif

Summer is half way over. You have to decide if waiting for the 2006 model and next year's riding season is worth the wait. BTW, NO ONE has any real feedback on what Suzuki is doing to the busa in 2006. Some think it'll not change until 2007, but no one knows!!

damn it, i was waiting to get a 06 gixxer 1000 to join da busa,if the 200 hp is right i guess it will be 2 busa's, thats all i can fit inside my 2 room duplex and still move around,may have to move to a bigger place.

If I were in your position, I would just wait because
1. its not THAT far away
2. it MAY change
3. have a NEWER bike if that matters at all
4. orget BOLDER graphics!
biggrin.gif

But that is what I MYSELF would do

when is the ...Reeally big shoooeew?

Sept. something I think.. I could wait that long..

When I bought mine it was late August.. hehe it's amazing how much riding you can squeeze into before "winter" really sets in when you got a new bike.

I live pretty close to you Insane. I'm in Apple Valley which is just 40 minutes from Lancaster. I've seen 5 Busas at Bert's Mega Mall in Azusa yesterday. 3 were 05's and 2 were older (I think an 03 and 01). As far as change, don't bet on it. Zuk is concentrating on their 1k so the Busa may just get a different paint scheme. I also saw one blue/silver Busa here in Victorville at Victorville Suzuki Kawasaki. Talk to Dustin if you decide to go there. Also Giovanni at Barstow Motorcycle Center may have a couple left. I think they're liquidating them so you'll get a great deal on an 05 right now.

If you want to ride, buy a bike.
If you want to dream, don't buy one and wait for the press release.

This is the deal.

The early-release order forms for dealers did not include the Hayabusa. That is a tell-tale sign that the bike is changing this year. Usually, as it has been since '99, the bike comes on the early-release form - unless it is changing - then you can count on a January '06 release. We will see. As soon as I get back from the show - you guys will be the first to know. I will scan and provide all insider info to you all. But lets not speculate further then this as of now. No one knows for sure. Unless you work in Japan and happen to be one of their engineers working on the bike. But they are sworn to secrecy too. LOL!

I say wait fam....I had my 2003 stolen this year two weeks before the bike rally in Myrtle Beach, SC. I have begun to purchase some customized parts and have recently stopped due to some discussion of the BUSA changing in '06. We'll see, the same talk happened last year and look what happened. I am a rider, so it's killing me to sit and wait. We should be hearing from ZUK soon on the BUSA.:cool:

Here is what little information I have received via various Suzuki reps:

2006 will only change in color scheme, much like years past, and will be released shortly (probably around late Sept.).

The 2007s will be released earlier than normal in 2006, probably around May-June time frame. So the 06 will have a short sales life.

As for the design of the 07, it will be significantly redesigned. The only info I could get is that it will have a bigger engine and less weight, along with new skin.

We'll just have to wait and see. My guess is that it will be more in line with what the Gixxer looks like, sharper edges, etc.

Just my 02.

P.

wait till the 2006 comes out and then buy a used one. Think about how many people will be selling theirs on the cheap to get the 1400cc or whatever. I am sure if they change the 06 model for the better you will be able to get some really good deals from those off'ing their "old" bikes for the new one.

wait till Sept. then buy used....

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122989048 -->

I'd wait till mid september . Deals will still be around if the 2006 don't pan out . If it does , you have choice of 05's or 06's

And what if that 1400cc's comes in this package ? What if it turns out to be a 1500cc version like the B-King's engine ?

06busa.jpg

I still think this is it! Newly redesigned for better gas mileage and cornering abilities!

Copy_of_post_12_22060_bowllean.jpg

Back