Nail in tire.

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I'm putting on the helmet, bike warming up, walk around to the back of the bike and look at rear tire...

And there's a nail in it  
sad.gif

crap, this'll be the 3rd nail in a year
mad.gif

Hmm, the dealership is only 3 miles from work, should I leave it in or pull it out...??

I go for the gutso, pull out the nail, hop on the bike and head straight to the dealership!

I get there, check the rear, and no leaking!!!

I go home.  (31miles)
Still no leaking.

I wake up this morning and take a look, NO LEAKING!!!
WWwwwhhhhhhhooooooooooooo!!!

biggrin.gif
  I lucked out this time!  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145467525 -->

biggrin.gif

Same luck here a couple of years ago...I picked one up on the way to work, got myself all upset over being stuck at work, nail in the tire, WHAT DO I DO?!!!  Ahhhhhh...
AAAssjani.gif

Turns out the nail went in more sideways than anything...no terminal damage, and I rode on that same rear tire for over 8000 miles much to the chagrin and jealously of many a man on the org...ADMIT IT MEN!  
ices_rofl.gif

Same luck here a couple of years ago...I picked one up on the way to work, got myself all upset over being stuck at work, nail in the tire, WHAT DO I DO?!!!  Ahhhhhh...
AAAssjani.gif

Turns out the nail went in more sideways than anything...no terminal damage, and I rode on that same rear tire for over 8000 miles much to the chagrin and jealously of many a man on the org...ADMIT IT MEN!  
ices_rofl.gif
8,000 more miles!!!
crazy.gif
Whatdidya have 4,000 miles on it already?
wow.gif

tounge.gif

Same thing happened to one of the guys on our weekend ride about two weeks ago~ We get to a stop and I notice a good size nail poking out his rear tire~ Nobody, out of the 8 of us, had a plug kit~ So he decides not to pull it until we get to where it can be pluged~ Once there he pulls it out and no leaky! Turned out it didn't bed deep enough to cause a problem~
smile.gif

CB remember that Cycle gear has road hazard for their tires, it has paid for it self on my 02.

AAAssjani.gif

ices_rofl.gif
8,000 more miles!!!  
crazy.gif
wow.gif

tounge.gif
Just jealousy talking my friend...you'll come to terms with it sooner or later
biggrin.gif
And no, it had 8000+ when I finally caved to the peer pressure around here...probably could have gotten 4000 more if I hadn't given in...
mad.gif

AAAssjani.gif

ices_rofl.gif
8,000 more miles!!!  
crazy.gif
wow.gif

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
 And no, it had 8000+ when I finally caved to the peer pressure around here...probably could have gotten 4000 more if I hadn't given in...
mad.gif
I shudder at the thought on my front tire having 8,000+miles as I lean into a corner
crazy.gif
That's a whole lot of heat cycles!!

even though you won't admit it, you're glad you caved in
wow.gif
wow.gif

crazy.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

AAAssjani.gif

ices_rofl.gif
8,000 more miles!!!  
crazy.gif
wow.gif

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
I shudder at the thought on my front tire having 8,000+miles as I lean into a corner  
crazy.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif
That was the rear tire...I still have my stock front...I believe in getting my money's worth! Hrmmm, might explain why I hate the twisties - old front tire - hrmmm...
laugh.gif

crazy.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

8,000 more miles!!!  
crazy.gif
wow.gif

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
crazy.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif
That was the rear tire...I still have my stock front...I believe in getting my money's worth!  Hrmmm, might explain why I hate the twisties - old front tire - hrmmm...
laugh.gif
AAgghhh   10,000 + miles on a front ....    yikes!!

You be careful on the front girl!

crazy.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

8,000 more miles!!!  
crazy.gif
wow.gif

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
crazy.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif
That was the rear tire...I still have my stock front...I believe in getting my money's worth!  Hrmmm, might explain why I hate the twisties - old front tire - hrmmm...
laugh.gif
AAgghhh   10,000 + miles on a front ....    yikes!!

You be careful on the front girl!
Yes Dad...
tounge.gif

Actually, now you've got me thinking...and worried...
blush.gif

crazy.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

tounge.gif

I'm putting on the helmet, bike warming up, walk around to the back of the bike and look at rear tire...

And there's a nail in it  
sad.gif

mad.gif

Hmm, the dealership is only 3 miles from work, should I leave it in or pull it out...??

I go for the gutso, pull out the nail, hop on the bike and head straight to the dealership!

I go home.  (31miles)
Still no leaking.

biggrin.gif
  I lucked out this time!  
biggrin.gif
Gee ya got a nail in your tire....must be time to head for VEGAS
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

And there's a nail in it  
sad.gif

mad.gif

I go home.  (31miles)
Still no leaking.

biggrin.gif
  I lucked out this time!  
biggrin.gif
Gee ya got a nail in your tire....must be time to head for VEGAS
biggrin.gif
Tell me about
mad.gif

I hope its not a Vegas tradition!!
wow.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif