This sucks!!  Nail in my brand new tire AGAIN!

Sloto200

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...
Donating Member
Registered
I wouldnt have any luck at all. For those that dont know me, i'm in San Antonio right now for a 6 week class the Air Force wants me to take. I rode my bike 450 miles down here for it and last night i go out and have a good ride and dinner. On my way home at about 2245, dark, on the highway without warning i hit what i believe was a piece of tail pipe off a car. I didnt go down but it sure scared the crap outta me. I pulled over at a gas station so i could check my tires and i found a nail in my brand new qualifier. I just changed it out because the last one got a nail (plugged it) and a razor blade cut in it. Lucky me its still holding air but i need to get it fixed cause its my only transportation. Dont know about any of the motorcycle shops in San Antonio and was planning on going on a ride tomorrow. This bites my weekend hard!! I guess it was a "good thing" that i ran over that pipe cause i may not have found out about the nail i guess. Weird how stuff happens.... just had to vent...

rant.gif

That sucks bro, you can patch it from the inside and save some cake.

Good luck.

Glad you did not go down on that pipe. I hate nails. Maybe someone form San Antonio will chime in on a good shop.

There is a Woods somewhere North of San Antonio but i am not sure if it is part of the store in Austin.?

Good luck

Nobody in this town plugs tires... i dont blame them... cheapest store i found to replace my tire doesnt have a lift so i have to bring the tire in to get it replaced... i have no way to remove my tire though...

See if you can find a local riders forum and find an independent mechanic in the area.  None of the dealers around here will patch/plug, but the indies will.

I know how you feel. I had a good friend who put 3 nails in his VFR last summer. And it was a new tire at the start of the summer. So it should have lasted all summer, but he ended up buy 3 new tires. Hope everything works out down there. Surely someone from the board can help you find a shop or loan a stand.

I've got a D208 you can have. I'm on the north east side, but I don't know of anyone who will change it today or tomorrow.

PS
I've got it mounted on a rim already, if you wanted to just swap out until you can get your tire plugged and go back to your rim. I know several local people that plug tires themselves and roll on it like that. I have a rear stand and tools you can use to change out the entire rim if you wanna go that route.

I cant believe the response here fellas! Actually, i can... after all the help i've seen given around here i guess i just never thought i'd be in a postion to need it. I am hooked up with cougar right now and it looks like i'm gonna get it plugged. I'll have it replaced here some time in the next few weeks. Thanks for all the input and help folks!

Back