My wife almost squished a squid yesterday

IScream

Registered
I was meeting my wife for lunch yesterday and following her down a short section of I-35 to get there.  She is in her SUV and I'm behind her on the Busa.  We're coming up on our exit and it's one of those where the right lane is used for traffic merging from an onramp and for taking the offramp.  She is just starting to move over and all the sudden this white bike I had seen seconds ago on the service road comes by me doing at least 100MPH with the front wheel in the air.  Complete with shorts and tanktop.  He finally sees her coming over and puts it down then has to swerve to keep from getting hit.  My wife swerves the other way to keep from hitting him.  One he cuts in up in front of her, he almost gets nailed by a panel truck and I see him get a little squirrelly like maybe he was getting some headshake from his bike.  I would imagine he soon went home to change his shorts.

Think he learned anything or will he be doing the same crap again tomorrow?

-Chris

<!--EDIT|IScream
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115607790 -->

nope, didnt learn ... probably did the same thing the next time he got on the highway.... stupid squids
wink.gif

Idiot! Will never learn and make the motorist in the cars hate us all .

God I wish squids were more into harleys.......that way they would stop making us sportbikers look so freaking stupid all the time. Little 17-20 year olds with mommy and daddy giving them way too much money going out and buying the shiniest #### on 2 wheels that they can't even ride to begin with crashing it and having no helemt on and raising insurance cost cuz they are so freaking stupid......AHHHHHH! What happened I blacked out?
rock.gif
???

You can only hope he learned, but odds are against it!

i was out with some friends in my car club (yet i was on the busa, go fig) and there was a squid with us on his F4i. doing wheelies at every light and ####... but he quit doing them when he almost nailed a truck. all he kept saying was "do a wheelie...do a wheelie"
wink.gif

Hate guys like this. Exactly why cagers act the way they do, they think most bikers are like this.

God I wish squids were more into harleys.......that way they would stop making us sportbikers look so freaking stupid all the time. Little 17-20 year olds with mommy and daddy giving them way too much money going out and buying the shiniest #### on 2 wheels that they can't even ride to begin with crashing it and having no helemt on and raising insurance cost cuz they are so freaking stupid......AHHHHHH! What happened I blacked out?
rock.gif
???
Pot calling the kettle black here?

Come on guys, it's a sport bike and it was DESIGNED for that kind of use!  If you don't ride that way it's because you're a poser who doesn't know how and deep down inside you wish you could!

Damn...I'm late for my anti-retard meds...please disregard the above.
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Turbo-Torch
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115631962 -->

Too bad the dumba$$ didn't get pasted.

I am all for purifying the gene pool.

Holy shid! I think that is 100 posts!.......dayum, I've gotta go ride!

One of the worst things about it is my wife asking me if that's how I ride when I'm out by myself. She knows I ride fast and now I'm sure she has that picture in her head every time she thinks about me being out on my bike. I explained to her what a squid is and pointed out that I was wearing a jacket boots and gloves, as usual, while he was wearing his pajamas. Still not sure she really buys it though...

Maybe you guys aren't doing wheelies at the time, but who hasn't passed a car in the triple digits? Look at your own sigs...How much safer are we? Just playing devil's advocate.....if you look at other bikers like that how do non-riders look at us?

.....if you look at other bikers like that how do non-riders look at us?
like shid...

and yer point is?

This is a specific , real life, encountered senario...

you can wander from the actual topic if you want...

We now return you to our regularly sheduled thread...

I'd say the squid is a loser.  
   Yes.  We all speed.
    Yes. Some of us wheelie.(me too)
     Yes. Some of us drive like azz-holes.(me too)
       NO. Some squids wear fish-net muscle shirts, and their bidges wear thongs an' not much more , on their feet either.

thing is...   there's a time...  and a place.

a highway exit/on-ramp....   NOT.

thats what define's the squid, from the   not-so-squid.

make sense.     hav a tentacle free 1... RSD.

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115645734 -->

Maybe you guys aren't doing wheelies at the time, but who hasn't passed a car in the triple digits?  Look at your own sigs...How much safer are we?  Just playing devil's advocate.....if you look at other bikers like that how do non-riders look at us?
I can say without a doubt that I do not ever enter a freeway in Dallas at triple digit speeds while doing a wheelie. I certainly do wheelies, burnouts and reach triple digit speeds, regularly, but I'm more careful about where I choose to do it. I don't do it in shorts and tank top either.

But I do see your point.

I was thinking earlier that the thing that has really changed, as I've become more mature about my riding, is where I do things like that. Years ago, I was most likely to do a wheelie when I knew someone in a car was watching. Today, I do it far more while alone or with only other bikes around. I do have relapses at times though...

-Chris

Maybe you guys aren't doing wheelies at the time, but who hasn't passed a car in the triple digits?  Look at your own sigs...How much safer are we?  Just playing devil's advocate.....if you look at other bikers like that how do non-riders look at us?
I can say without a doubt that I do not ever enter a freeway in Dallas at triple digit speeds while doing a wheelie.  I certainly do wheelies, burnouts and reach triple digit speeds, regularly, but I'm more careful about where I choose to do it.  I don't do it in shorts and tank top either.
deja vu. I just said that.

Back