Got cut off yesterday

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Well almost was killed yesterday by some dumb a$$ in an suv. I was lined up with his back wheel, and he comes over without looking or signaling while we are on bridge. Had no where to go but hit brakes and horn hard. Would not had been so bad, but wife was on back. She hardly rides with me as is, and a close call does not hel[

...you know it....dont ride in blind spots.

Some people only use mirrors.
firedevil.gif

Glad you didn't go down Mike. Hope mama will keep riding with you and not let it scare her off.

glad the two of you are ok
beerchug.gif

i'm not having nearly as many problems since i put the 6K HID in mine...in fact, when i get behind them, most people pull over and let me by
smile.gif

(BlueHaya @ Sep. 14 2007,19:27) ...you know it....dont ride in blind spots.

Some people only use mirrors.
firedevil.gif
Hell, most old people don't use anything.
THey generally have spine and neck problems, so they don't turn their heads, they just drift slowly into the next lane and if nobody beeps they figure it's OK.
I try to see who's driving around me, and if it's a blue hair I just plan on the worst.
Too many close calls has taught me well I guess.

Had the same thing happen to me, yesterday. Going around a turn, from redlight, I was in outside lane, SUV on the inside can,t keep it in his own lane, so I speed up, and go around, shake my head as I do. Pull up to next redlight, and BRRRRRRRRRMP BRMMMMMMP ! He's laying on his horn, so I look back, and he's jumping all around in his truck, telling me to pull over. Well I pull over for 2 reasons, 1- I'm now mad enough to go, and 2- I don't want this nut behind me in a 3000 lbs. bowling ball. So of course he don't pull overe, and I'm fine with that, so I pull back out as he goes by. Well I guess he thought I was following him, because he picked up his phone, and called 911, some people ?

Unfortunately, we always have to assume that the people driving around us don't see us. Even when they are five feet away.

Glad you and the wife are okay. Hope she isn't too turned off/scared to ride with you again.

(Fate @ Sep. 14 2007,22:20) Well almost was killed yesterday by some dumb a$$ in an suv. I was lined up with his back wheel, and he comes over without looking or signaling while we are on bridge. Had no where to go but hit brakes and horn hard. Would not had been so bad, but wife was on back. She hardly rides with me as is, and a close call does not hel[
Big differance when you have someone on the back, and if they're allready having a hard time enjoying themselves, that almost kills the whole ride. I hope this doesn't discourage her from riding again !!

I'm taking a survey of near misses...and most people in Vegas aren't blue hairs...they're twenty-something's "TEXTING" while driving.............I believe the NHP, or somebody has equated cell phone use to being under the influence behind the wheel........and I CONCUR !!!!

Glad it all worked out in the end. Unless I'm passing, I don't ride beside another vehicle. Stay in the gaps and they can't get you.

(Spudley @ Sep. 15 2007,07:38) I'm taking a survey of near misses...and most people in Vegas aren't blue hairs...they're twenty-something's "TEXTING" while driving.............I believe the NHP, or somebody has equated cell phone use to being under the influence behind the wheel........and I CONCUR !!!!
I agree...and let's not forget bubbas in pickup trucks...I ride with the assumption that no one is going to see me.

Back