My visit to Race Tire Service

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Race Tire Service is the Eastern US exclusive Distributor for Dunlop racing tires. Last year I ordered a set of DOT Spec Race tires to try out at Barber with TEAM GIXXER (they were awesome by the way); and when I received the package I noticed the shipping address was ACROSS TOWN ($40 down the drain)(I didn't find their address on the website).

So, I decided the next time I wanted a set of race tires, I'd go see them instead. Since next weekend at Barber a bunch of AMA racers are going to show up in A, I decided this might BE THE TIME to have a really good set of tires (besides I've GOT to get a leg up on Jay :) )

In an non-descript warehouse over in East Nashville sits RTS. Couldn't be more than 1200 SF warehouse. 2 offices and 3 desks. I opened the door to the fresh smell rubber (and the angels started singing in the background)...I walked out with a set of US NTEC Slicks (hey Jay: EAT ME :moon: ) and a huge smile on my face. At $339 ($370 w/tax) not cheap, but if they last 2 weekends it pays for itself. Dated 11th week of 2013 (not hardly even cool yet)...

The below pic was what I saw first when I walked in the front door, and the other...well, it speaks for itself (those are all UK NTEC racing slicks) :thumbsup:

Goes to show the power of the internet, ANYBODY can look like they are a big company. Great job guys!

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

motochris

The artist formerly known as Chris75181
Registered
Are you going to try the new U.S. 7455 medium compound?
I just ordered a set of 190/55- 125 7455 medium.
Looking forward to trying them.

skydivr

Donating Member
Are you going to try the new U.S. 7455 medium compound?
I just ordered a set of 190/55- 125 7455 medium.
Looking forward to trying them.
That would be a resounding YES. Dated 11/13 :)

Let you know how they are in 10 days!

skydivr

Donating Member
10 days...crap that's coming up fast.
you'd better get to SANDING we can't have any ratbikes at the TEAM GIXXER Paddock :)

You know, I walked into the warehouse and thought, "wow, this looks like Charlie's garage..." :)

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
I think I'm going to end up having a shop prep them. I sanded more than I wanted last night and didn't scratch the surface of getting them ready for paint.

Tiller

Registered
Keith, you better hope your money pays off... cuz you are gonna need it :)

That sure is a beautiful sight!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I think I'm going to end up having a shop prep them. I sanded more than I wanted last night and didn't scratch the surface of getting them ready for paint.
Did you not give up your only beloved daughter to a man whom one would think should be happy to do chores like this to show his appreciation? :dunno:

But then, maybe you shouldn't expect to much? He may decide to bring her back! :shocked:

Tiller

Registered
Coming from a guy who's got a rat-painted set of race plastics....copper calling kettle black :)
FYI -- my race fairings will be a set of MATCHING AWESOME in about 2 weeks :cheerleader:

P.S what is "rat-painted"? The current paint job is very nice, just matches like a black suit with brown shoes :laugh:

skydivr

Donating Member
"Matching Awesome"...and sitting in your garage like a prom date that got stood up..:)

Rat painted probably not a good description - color coordinated with that red tank so bad you'd have to pit it somewhere else :)

motochris

The artist formerly known as Chris75181
Registered
With all these pretty paint jobs and new tires team gixxer just got 2 seconds faster! :)

Tiller

Registered
"Matching Awesome"...and sitting in your garage like a prom date that got stood up..:)

Rat painted probably not a good description - color coordinated with that red tank so bad you'd have to pit it somewhere else :)
BTW.... I'm 100% sure my bike has still seen more ride time this year than your Harley :moon:

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntercs10