Q4 Tire Test Report

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Been a couple of years away from track riding and with the help of MCMustang got the chance to go back this last weekend. I looked at weather and tire options and decided on the Dunlop Q4 for a three day track weekend at Barber Motorsports park. I've run countless laps on the Q2 and it was a great track tire. The Q4 is better. Front is better on braking and I would say feels very close to a Dunlop racing slick once it's warmed up. The rear never let me spool up the rear and was very confidence inspiring. I wasn't trying to find limits, just enjoying a spirited ride on track with some friends. If in doubt, not to worry it's a great tire. Three days of on track and the rear was spent.

The borrowed track bike
6ECB0256-2B85-46E3-989A-BCBACE08640D_zpsvv4e67ui.jpg

Back tire on the wear bar

4D7985BC-0D19-47D2-B104-58188B093D52_zpsbgp1t5ik.jpg

This info was taken from Brian Van's Sportbiketrackgear site about the Q4:

"Taylor Knapp rode on the Dunlop Q4 Tires during the 2018 MotoAmerica Tire Test at Barber carding a best lap time of 1:28.7 on the Q4's. "

Mortals sometime make the second digit a three for lap times at Barber....the list of 1:2X.Xs at Barber is a short list and this was on a Q4...

According to Dunlop it is a purpose built track day tire that is DOT approved. You won't find much that would provide more traction in the dry. For all around riding the Michelin PR4 / PR5 is a great tire that will give you MUCH better life and wet weather riding.

Back