My visit to Race Tire Service

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Race Tire Service is the Eastern US exclusive Distributor for Dunlop racing tires. Last year I ordered a set of DOT Spec Race tires to try out at Barber with TEAM GIXXER (they were awesome by the way); and when I received the package I noticed the shipping address was ACROSS TOWN ($40 down the drain)(I didn't find their address on the website).

So, I decided the next time I wanted a set of race tires, I'd go see them instead. Since next weekend at Barber a bunch of AMA racers are going to show up in A, I decided this might BE THE TIME to have a really good set of tires (besides I've GOT to get a leg up on Jay :) )

In an non-descript warehouse over in East Nashville sits RTS. Couldn't be more than 1200 SF warehouse. 2 offices and 3 desks. I opened the door to the fresh smell rubber (and the angels started singing in the background)...I walked out with a set of US NTEC Slicks (hey Jay: EAT ME :moon: ) and a huge smile on my face. At $339 ($370 w/tax) not cheap, but if they last 2 weekends it pays for itself. Dated 11th week of 2013 (not hardly even cool yet)...

The below pic was what I saw first when I walked in the front door, and the other...well, it speaks for itself (those are all UK NTEC racing slicks) :thumbsup:

Goes to show the power of the internet, ANYBODY can look like they are a big company. Great job guys!

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

Are you going to try the new U.S. 7455 medium compound?
I just ordered a set of 190/55- 125 7455 medium.
Looking forward to trying them.

Are you going to try the new U.S. 7455 medium compound?
I just ordered a set of 190/55- 125 7455 medium.
Looking forward to trying them.

That would be a resounding YES. Dated 11/13 :)

Let you know how they are in 10 days!

10 days...crap that's coming up fast.

you'd better get to SANDING we can't have any ratbikes at the TEAM GIXXER Paddock :)

You know, I walked into the warehouse and thought, "wow, this looks like Charlie's garage..." :)

I think I'm going to end up having a shop prep them. I sanded more than I wanted last night and didn't scratch the surface of getting them ready for paint.

Keith, you better hope your money pays off... cuz you are gonna need it :)

That sure is a beautiful sight!

I think I'm going to end up having a shop prep them. I sanded more than I wanted last night and didn't scratch the surface of getting them ready for paint.

Did you not give up your only beloved daughter to a man whom one would think should be happy to do chores like this to show his appreciation? :dunno:

But then, maybe you shouldn't expect to much? He may decide to bring her back! :shocked:

Coming from a guy who's got a rat-painted set of race plastics....copper calling kettle black :)

FYI -- my race fairings will be a set of MATCHING AWESOME in about 2 weeks :cheerleader:

P.S what is "rat-painted"? The current paint job is very nice, just matches like a black suit with brown shoes :laugh:

"Matching Awesome"...and sitting in your garage like a prom date that got stood up..:)

Rat painted probably not a good description - color coordinated with that red tank so bad you'd have to pit it somewhere else :)

With all these pretty paint jobs and new tires team gixxer just got 2 seconds faster! :)

"Matching Awesome"...and sitting in your garage like a prom date that got stood up..:)

Rat painted probably not a good description - color coordinated with that red tank so bad you'd have to pit it somewhere else :)

BTW.... I'm 100% sure my bike has still seen more ride time this year than your Harley :moon:

Back