My track day pics

sorry to postwhore my own thread guys and gals, but I just wanted to share what my rubber looked like after riding track:

DCAM0040.jpg

DCAM0041.jpg

DCAM0039.jpg

DCAM0037.jpg

Lastly:
DCAM0036.jpg

I thought I was haulin till Eric Wood blew back past me looked back at me around 140 and patted the ass of his bike and wanted me to follow him. He wanted to show me his lines. How cool is this!!!
Some good stuff Cane. Lines are SO IMPORTANT in getting the best lap times as well as being fast. Some of the fastest guys are prolly not riding as hard/fast just because they selected the best lines. Dustin Coyner, the instructor and founder of trackdaz.com had a pretty sick line coming out of turn 5, going thru 6 and 7. It looked as if he would ride thru the chicane and into the dirt but he did it so flawlessly he never even let-up off the throttle and made some good time going thru that section.

That's using that MFing tire man!!!!!
super.gif

And that's only doing 4 sessions not including the orientation laps. We got rain at around 1:30PM but I called it a day soon after that. But if I was able to ride till 5pm, I don't think I would've had much left on that Battlax. It was brand new prior to this track event BTW.

That's using that MFing tire man!!!!!
super.gif

And that's only doing 4 sessions not including the orientation laps. We got rain at around 1:30PM but I called it a day soon after that. But if I was able to ride till 5pm, I don't think I would've had much left on that Battlax. It was brand new prior to this track event BTW.
THATS WHAT I M TALKING ABOUT .
RIDE THOSE TIRES ALL THE WAY TIL THE EDGE .
super.gif

Since you have the pictures , why dont you start a tire picture thread . "show me how hard you ride ur busa "

super.gif

Couldn't see the pics at work...just red x's
mad.gif

Way to represent the ORG pimp
cool.gif
Be carefull though...the track is addicting
laugh.gif

Couldn't see the pics at work...just red x's
mad.gif

Way to represent the ORG pimp
cool.gif
 Be carefull though...the track is addicting
laugh.gif
That sucks!! Do you see them now Stkr? Anyways, it's very addicting. I'm thinking of a full time track weapon (600 or Gixxer1000). I love practicing my skillz on the Bus but I worry about going down. I'd love to leave her as more of a street machine. I remember you had the same thought process but loved track so much that you sold the Busa for a trackbike+supplies/parts. I've thought about it for a second but it looks as if the Busa will have to do for a while.

My work computer is controlled by the government, so I'm limited to what I can see due to the hosting sites being blocked. I don't know how they come up with the list, but it gets annoying.

I saw them fine once I was on my home pc.
cool.gif
Sometimes I forget to go back and find the thread that I missed at work.

I still miss the Busa, but the track is so much fun to me. The only bad part about it...and yes I was warned
wink.gif
...is that track days/racing is WAY more expensive that just owning a bike. My track fund comes from the payment I had going for the Busa, but it's not enough to cover all of the expenses. I still wouldn't give it up though.

The main upgrades you should do for the Busa if you're going to ride the track is to upgrade to SS Brake lines, get your suspension set up for the track, and get some decent tires. The BT56's hold up really well on the track, but they do have their limits.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. I can live dangerously through others track days
cool.gif

beerchug.gif

Looks like fun!

The main upgrades you should do for the Busa if you're going to ride the track is to upgrade to SS Brake lines, get your suspension set up for the track, and get some decent tires.  The BT56's hold up really well on the track,  but they do have their limits.
Yes. I noticed big time brake fade halfway through session 2. It was harder to do higher speed corner entries just b/c the bike wouldn't stop as quickly. Got a bit of a spongy feel. That's the next mod I'll do along with Pilot Powers. Also I'll get my suspension tuned (I think it's only $20 at the track). I may have to revalve and/or respring.

Back