My Thread About Swingarms...

DSMandBusaLove

Registered
So, this swingarm device dictates where your rear tire sits, so what's its purpose when it comes to getting an extended swingarm? What else do you have to do to the bike to make an extended swingarm install 'complete' i.e. longer chain maybe? Lowering? I am completely in the dark and haven't found a thread on that yet, so I was wondering the questions ^ there in addition to the positives and negatives of getting an extended swingarm. Thanks from the DSM n00b.

Pro's - Extending the swing arm makes the wheelbase longer and helps prevent wheelies. This makes for better launches when drag racing and lowers your ET's. A longer chain would be needed along with a longer brake line and brake brace.
Con's - Looks like crap, IMO, and handling in the twisties is diminished.
smile.gif

Longer the swing arm, the better for launches, but bad for canyon riding or twiesties. I could be wrong so anyone feel free to correct me cause I would not want to misinform any of My Busa Sisters/Brothers

Doesn't http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ sell rear caliper brackets that eliminate the rear brake arm?

And whoa who said extended swingarms look like crap.

They are the shiznat man! I love 'em.

But I guess you are entitled to your opinion... just keep it to yourself  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105685950 -->

Longer swing arm helps with drag racing but makes it handle like a pig. Some people think it looks cool with a longer arm. Its all about what you are into, drag racing, canyon carving or just lookin' cool.
cool.gif

Up to a 4" extension on your swingarm and the bike corners just great. No problems at all. The over extended arms defeat the whole purpose, cause excessive wheelspin and handle rough. Mine is 4.5" over and handles just fine. yoyodyne makes the small bracket to eliminate the brake bar and makes the rear look much cleaner.

PC140032.JPG

What is the part # and how do I e-mail them I couldn't find an address on thier site that would work?

And whoa who said extended swingarms look like crap.
ME! They look rediculous. The only one I have seen that looks good was the all black turbo someone posted up the other day and that was because they had a custom extended tail too.  
AAAssjani.gif
You didn't finish reading my post so I'll repeat it for you...

"But I guess you are entitled to your opinion... just keep it to yourself
tounge.gif
"

Seriously though, OK you don't like them. Some guys like blonds and some guys like redheads. Everyone has their opinion.

....But I think they look awesome. The very first time I ever rode with a group of guys there was one guy there who had an awesome bike. I kept looking at it and saying, man that bike is cool. I found out later it was a stock XXX(the bike doesn't really matter and I can't remember it) with an extended swingarm. The swingarm is what made it different and caught my attention. It looked great.

And I'm not so sure what I like better... an extended swingarm with a stock tail, or an extended swingarm with an extended tail. I think that whatever tail size you have, you can get away with an extra 2 inches over that on the swingarm. So a +2 swingarm can have a stock tail, but a +4 swingarm should have a +2 (or +4) tail.

All IMO.

(PS. your opinion sucks :p .... just kidding, don't go all human torch on me again. )

Back