My Ride Through the Mountains Yesterday GoPro Vid

Kiwi Rider

Registered
We had a great ride yesterday, perfect weather, sunny, no clouds, little wind if any, 20degC . . . absolutely perfect riding conditions.
The traffic was light for a weekend anyway, and had no close calls or issues at all.
This is the first 70km leg of the 220km trip, There are another 4 vids to be uploaded yet.
Enjoy . . .

Nice ride! What I like is how you mates ride on whatever side of the road you like, sort of make it up as you go along :shocked: Lol!
Lol! yeah I know it looks like that but really it's just that we are passing every single vehicle that gets in our way, and we take no prisoners . . as you can see!
If it's clear of oncoming vehicles on a swervey section, we just use the whole road if we need to.
My mate was nailing it so I had to really concentrate on that ride . . 100 to 150mph all the time!
That GoPro mounted on the top of my helmet really really puts a lot of wind pressure on my neck, had a sore neck after that ride.
Gonna have to find a new mount on the bike for it.

Bike is running good....I didn't realize your center lines are white...ours are yellow...that would mess me up.

Great video, I was right there with you...
In NZ a yellow centre line means NO PASSING, so if I was riding in Canada I think I would be confused and riding like a wuss, not to mention the whole wrong side of the road thing to get used too!
Glad you enjoyed your virtual ride with Kiwi and his mad mate, I suppose you are still snowed in and no real riding for a while yet?

Bike is running good....I didn't realize your center lines are white...ours are yellow...that would mess me up.

Great video, I was right there with you...

Going around roundabouts the other way messed my mind a few years back when i was in the states.. pass if safe on broken white centre lines and if the yellow is on Your side of the yellow NO passing what so ever.

Kiwis vid shows what our national (Hi Ways) road size / widths are, not big... - sure there are SOME parts of the HiWay with passing lanes and a few motorways that are 2 - 4 lanes wide each way which are mainly found entering or exiting bigger cities. But on a whole what Kiwis vid shows is 90% of our open roads size, we share it with coach buses B train trucks etc.

Nice day for it Greg ;) no March Hare rally for you either..

Kiwis vid shows what our national (Hi Ways) road size / widths are, not big... - sure there are SOME parts of the HiWay with passing lanes and a few motorways that are 2 - 4 lanes wide each way which are mainly found entering or exiting bigger cities. But on a whole what Kiwis vid shows is 90% of our open roads size, we share it with coach buses B train trucks etc.

Nice day for it Greg ;) no March Hare rally for you either..
No March Hare this year for me buddy, I've been to over 20 of them so I'm not really fussed either way, the ride is really what it's all about for me, and the ride to Waimate is pretty boring to be honest.
Did you go? Big crowd?

Liked the wheelie at the start Kiwi , you lads were certainly wicking it up on that 'cruise' bro !! Always seems to be a lot less cops in NZ to me , we got to go on a workday for best ride results !! Great video bro , really got the gopro settings sorted well .

Lol! yeah I know it looks like that but really it's just that we are passing every single vehicle that gets in our way, and we take no prisoners . . as you can see!
If it's clear of oncoming vehicles on a swervey section, we just use the whole road if we need to.
My mate was nailing it so I had to really concentrate on that ride . . 100 to 150mph all the time!
That GoPro mounted on the top of my helmet really really puts a lot of wind pressure on my neck, had a sore neck after that ride.
Gonna have to find a new mount on the bike for it.

In NZ a yellow centre line means NO PASSING, so if I was riding in Canada I think I would be confused and riding like a wuss, not to mention the whole wrong side of the road thing to get used too!
Glad you enjoyed your virtual ride with Kiwi and his mad mate, I suppose you are still snowed in and no real riding for a while yet?

We are indeed snowed in still.....it is snowing as I type in fact.

We have solid and checked yellow lines, you can pass on the checked lines and it is recommended you don't on solid lines. We have white lines within the yellow lines.

I drove in Britain and Cyprus before so I am versed on the whole left side of the road thing...it messed me up for the first little while though and after going through a round a bout I ended up on the wrong side of the road more than once.

Liked the wheelie at the start Kiwi , you lads were certainly wicking it up on that 'cruise' bro !! Always seems to be a lot less cops in NZ to me , we got to go on a workday for best ride results !! Great video bro , really got the gopro settings sorted well .
Cheers for the endorsement my old Ocker friend, yeah, the wheelie was a bit naughty really, I was trying to rark up Mark (it worked!) but I ended up doing 120kmh before I got outta the 50 zone . . . that really annoys the locals and the cop that patrols that area!
Didn't see any cops at all, except for one that already had a customer (some poor bugger in a beat up old jap car, probably stopped him to check his rego and wof) and he was 2 km before the town we left from as we were returning from the mountains., my radar detector picked him up well ahead so it was all good.
Yes there is a smaller Police presence on NZ roads in comparo to Aus.
It's a ratio game, we have less traffic than you lot so we also have less cops.
We've had so many pursuits lately with deaths as a result, the cops are now reluctant to give chase. Works for me!

No March Hare this year for me buddy, I've been to over 20 of them so I'm not really fussed either way, the ride is really what it's all about for me, and the ride to Waimate is pretty boring to be honest.
Did you go? Big crowd?
Nah stuck at work all weekend...shift work, your right the ride is rubbish - straights arrgh :banghead:

Nah stuck at work all weekend...shift work, your right the ride is rubbish - straights arrgh :banghead:
That's a bugger about being stuck at work :confused:
Hey I rode a B King the other day at work, couldn't believe how wide my legs were spread lol. Guess it takes a bit of getting used to, and also the lack of wind protection. . . how do you deal with that?? Just go slower ? :laugh:
I thought the power was no different to the Busa, everyone says they are detuned . . .
couldn't tell . . :thumbsup:

That's a bugger about being stuck at work :confused:
Hey I rode a B King the other day at work, couldn't believe how wide my legs were spread lol. Guess it takes a bit of getting used to, and also the lack of wind protection. . . how do you deal with that?? Just go slower ? :laugh:
I thought the power was no different to the Busa, everyone says they are detuned . . .
couldn't tell . . :thumbsup:

The BKings reach to the bars is really short compared to the Bus and yup your upright and comfy with the wide bars, and it does keep your speed down but ya know sometimes...:devil::D

Ive done the Buell peg mod so my knees fit in the tank scallops ;)

Back