MY REVIEW OF "IE7"...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
First let me start off by saying that...and very important tid-bit here...I downloaded the IE7 browser "twice" as an upgraded IE6...once about 6-8 weeks back (before my hard drive crashed) and initially disliked "the change" so much that i dumped it and restored my old IE6 browser (in preference of my old ie6 icons and scroll downs i was far more familiar with)...however...AFTER...my hard drive crashed and a complete "SYSTEM RESTORE" was affected?...and taking into consideration that aaallllllllllllllll those "Windows Updates" for ie6 would hafta be RE-downloaded?...and the lack of "Future Support" ie6 users may be encountering here shortly?..i opted to force myself to download the IE7 windows browser upgrade and?...force myself to get familiar with it.
sad.gif

Well...I'm now here to tell ya that after just a few hours of using it and poking around?....i've changed my mind about ie7...and it takes a bit to "get ta liking it"...as you probably won't..."at first"...but then?...as you use it?..you begin to notice a few things as the personal memory and familiarization process begins...such as..

1. "Convienence & Efficiency": as the browser seems to posess a more efficient lay out annnd?...a far cleaner appearance.

2. "Synergy +": It seems to me that google and microsoft have become far more synchronous in ie7 as opposed to the old ie6.

3. "Security": #2 above seems to have resulted in an increase in the overall security levels of the ie7 browser...all the same google tool bar features...pop-up blocker..."Phishing Filters" and all...but somehow seems to be a more seamless melding of both microsoft and googles combined security efforts..these security features also seem to be more..."accessable & user friendly".
biggrin.gif

But...you won't notice these some of these things right off the bat and in my best estimates?...it will take a real smarty about 30 minutes to get ta liking it...4 hours max if you're real dumb..as in...borderline shouldn't even own a pc kinda dumb....but a complete pc newbie would prolly love it right away!
laugh.gif

That said?...i don't pretend to be a pc guru of any sort as i'm not...maybe a novice class pc/it user at best...but these are my opines of the ie7 browser upgrade.

And just so ya don't think ya just wasted 5 minutes of your life reading that?...here's a bonus for those of you who haven't heard about these folks yet...and i only know of these people via my exposure to folks i work with as a cnc programer/machinist...and my people (who work with gov. military CAD files..ultra high security shid) say that alwil/avast are the best anti-virus team on the planet...and as i understand from them?...kicks azz over both symantec or norton...and best of all?..for all home users?...it's a free dowload self updating antivirus...

http://www.avast.com/eng/programs.html

IE7 & AVAST ANTI-VIRUS ROCK!
biggrin.gif

Enjoy and Go get-em folks..you won't regret it..my fathers day present to you all and?..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

(Ken02busa @ Jun. 17 2007,08:35) pi$$ on internut exploder, I use nutscrape now.
yep...i used netscape a while back and then went to firefox trying to avoid the anti-gates folks and even considered going mac or linux based but the bottom line?...if it ain't microsoft?...it will never become mainstream with the masses nor function completely like the real deal whose monopoly dictates that..brand x here will always be brand x...at best...if they even survive.

jmho and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

*cough* Firefox *cough*

SPECIALLY after u do the "free mods" to firefox... holy smokes does firefox move fast!

(WWJD @ Jun. 17 2007,19:25) people still use IE?
smile.gif

get the browser IE 7 is modeled after: FIREFOX
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/pgcshort/index.html
General population will always use IE.

Why is that IT professionals never use AOL, same reason, it`s POS.

+1 on Firefox. Try one and you will be surprised how many spyware and addware IE bring in your system.

I can open 50 tags in FireFox and system still flying fast.
90% less spying cookies also a big plus.

Back