Hating Vista (HTTP wont work connect, but pings out)

try removing the TCP/IP protocol and reinstall it on the NIC w/reboot inbetween. eliminate IE7 as the bottleneck and download firefox. if it doesnt work, i'll put my money on your assumption of a bad NIC. A bad piece of new computer hardware? Microsoft isnt the only screw up out there! LOL
Ok...
Rolled over an older switch to a newer unit (10/100 to a 10/100/1000)
FireFox: no worky Still sees site, trys to get content and then times out..
Half Duplex : no worky..
dump and reinstall all the networking componets no worky

so back to an original fear... defective driver (Nvidia has their issues)

dumped the device reloaded with a couple different drivers and hit a magic spot.. something in the supplied driver is borked... (go figure)

anyway. I hate new stuff...

try removing the TCP/IP protocol and reinstall it on the NIC w/reboot inbetween. eliminate IE7 as the bottleneck and download firefox. if it doesnt work, i'll put my money on your assumption of a bad NIC. A bad piece of new computer hardware? Microsoft isnt the only screw up out there! LOL
Ok...

dumped the device reloaded with a couple different drivers and hit a magic spot.. something in the supplied driver is borked... (go figure)

Ok...

You can say that again.

Glad you got it fixed.:thumbsup:

Dont get me started about the %^&@%&@$&$@&@ that $%^$@@^@$%^@ and then &^@#%&^@$& I F^&@ hate ^$@^$%^@$&@*^.

In other words, I hate vista. :11zpissed: Good luck, if all else fails add gasoline and return it to the store. Tell 'em something doesn't smell right. :whistle:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love Vista, I really do. Works great! You just have to forget what you know about Windows and relearn again. I have Vista Servers and Vista Ultimate on desktops and laptops... Works sooooo smooth...

Just don`t try installing it on old hardware without tested drivers.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I love Vista, I really do. Works great! You just have to forget what you know about Windows and relearn again. I have Vista Servers and Vista Ultimate on desktops and laptops... Works sooooo smooth...

Just don`t try installing it on old hardware without tested drivers.
Yea Chris, the 5 second start up is alive and well .. it actually resides off the hard drive in a memory portion of the board that holds the "mini OS"

Vic.. I just dumped two 08 Servers to roll back to Server03.. just too many quirks to make everything like it was (will keep one loaded to work with) but from what I can see, Vista is much happier with "New" server... sort of a wash for what I work on... I would really rather run everything on Linux but the software I need is proprietary and Windblows only... Wishing they would make a linux version.. so much faster, less bloat and virtually trouble free (I have linux servers that have not even needed a reboot in almost 4 years..)

Back