My rant of the world today...

There's a reason they call that genre of reading "science fiction" :laugh:
The sky isn't falling and its not the end of times. All through recorded history people have always shown a tendency to think the end is here (again), its human nature. But the human race as a whole is supposed to be getting smarter, grab your animal emotions of fight or flight by the boot straps, and look at things like the rationale human being you are. The worlds not ending...or turning into 451 :laugh: I lived on science fiction growing up, but its called fiction for a reason. Calm down and enjoy your life in one of the highest "quality of living" nations in the world...the good ole USA. Or you could move to most other countries and get a sample of what "miserable living" can really be :rofl: Its a shame folks can never appreciate what they have....goods only good enough till you have it right? Then everythings sh*t again :rofl::rofl: ..........the american way, why be happy or satisfied when you can be miserable instead.
I had an ex-friend like that, everything was always sh*t and nothing was good enough as he rode his new bikes around with me, drove his new cars, enjoyed his nice house...and eventually drove his nice wife and good kids (along with his friends) away. Now he's got nothing :banghead: I guess maybe he has a little more reason to ***** now eh? At least I don't have to listen to it non-stop anymore thank the lord :thumbsup:
Enjoy the good things you have in life while you have life.
It goes by quick :laugh:

Wow... Way to take what I said outta context... I was just saying most people let the TV/Media/Radio make their decisions for them nowadays. People are getting dumber. I appreciate quite well what I have. I have a roof over my head, a job that pays 7.75, a car, and a boss that would do anything to help if I needed it. I don't complain one bit about what I have or don't have. If I did, every threard of mine would be complaining about how I haven't even ridden a bike in over a year, or owned one in 2. But I don't complain about that, because I'm blessed. It's just that people don't think for themselves much anymore, that was the point of my rant.

I agree with Yamahor because it is easier than thinking for myself. ;)

joke!
2wheels has a valid point, even if it didn't fit the threads intent. contentment is a big problem in the "never good enough" USA.

I LOVE SCI-FI, but the thing I hate is that it often becomes science FACT later on. Yamahor's example is very valid but F-451 takes it to the extreme... the extreme FOR THESE DAYS anyway. Think of all the other extremes from the past that are WEAK or TAME now.... test tube babies, women voting, hover cars, sonic weapons etc etc etc
History is ALREADY being rewritten ala Brave New World, 1984 and F-451

Anyway, 451 is a cool movie, even if dated a lot. It bored me as a child, but as an adult [nyuk nyuk] it's much more interesting. I think the whole thing is online too

451 is a great book.
as far as limiting dominant parties to only 2 that is how the electoral college is set up. with a dominant 3rd party reaching 270 electoral votes would be very difficult. ties would become more common and then congress would choose the p and vp.
i believe the electoral college could use some tweaking

Wow... Way to take what I said outta context... I was just saying most people let the TV/Media/Radio make their decisions for them nowadays. People are getting dumber. I appreciate quite well what I have. I have a roof over my head, a job that pays 7.75, a car, and a boss that would do anything to help if I needed it. I don't complain one bit about what I have or don't have. If I did, every threard of mine would be complaining about how I haven't even ridden a bike in over a year, or owned one in 2. But I don't complain about that, because I'm blessed. It's just that people don't think for themselves much anymore, that was the point of my rant.
I wasn't directing that at you really, just making a general statement :laugh: Sorry if it came off that way :( ;)

Obama is the antichrist, worry about that. If he starts uniting the whole middleast, then we really start worrying. :laugh:

Back