My rant of the world today...

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, here's my rant I've been on since reading "Farenheit 451" a few weeks ago... The dang book is kinda becoming true.

Why, you ask? Well, I won't tell how the book goes or anything, read it yourself for that (AWESOME read!)... Think of this, so many people today just don't think for themselves. They let the TV, radio, and media do the thinking for them! I believe if people really did the research and thought for themselves, we wouldn't be in the situations we are now. As for TV and Media, think of this... If the TV and Media weren't there, do you think Obama and McCain would be the only ones with a shot? I say no. The media (TV included) narrows it down to just the 2 they would like to see duke it out for drama, and pushes them for elections... They only want ratings. I firmly believe Huckabee (or Stephen T. Colbert) would make a MUCH better candidate than either nominees now, but a vote for them is basically useless as everyone else lets the media do their thinking... Crap! We're screwed either way now!

And the radio! They keep telling us these new songs are on the top 10 list... Why? I can't stand AC/DC anymore... I heard their new song 3 times in an hour and a half on the same radio station! I don't think anybody likes it that much! Who wants to bet they've been paid off to shove it down the thoughtless peoples throats cause "they say we like it". GAAAHHH!!!!

TV/Media?Radio has ruined the minds of america.

Pass the Brawno!

you are just getting to Bradbury? Was required reading when I was in school.. Think I read it about 1969 or so? (published in the early 50's)

I got more if you really want to get paranoid....

you are just getting to Bradbury? Was required reading when I was in school.. Think I read it about 1969 or so? (published in the early 50's)

I got more if you really want to get paranoid....

Aldous Huxley's, "Brave New World"
Aldous Huxley's, "Brave New World: Revisited"
George Orwell's, "1984"

Are those the ones you were talking about, Mr. B? There are others, of course.

--Wag--

Last edited:
I read Brave New World in Seven grade for school. WAY BACK WHEN......... LOL
Now you can't even have that book in a school library I don't think.

so now that you recognize the issue, take steps to make YOUR WORLD not so much like the fiction. It CAN be done. It's up to you

if we ALL fought back like that, THAT bad world would only be a memory

I'm trying to read Brave New World, but it's just not grabbing me, and I'm on pg 80... Now I'm reading Tim Allen's I'm not really here.

As for doing something about it, I am. I read daily. I fear for the world turning into the world from "Idiocracy"... "It's got electrolites and shid!"
Posted via Mobile Device

Aldous Huxley's, "Brave New World"
Aldous Huxley's, "Brave New World: Revisited"
George Orwell's, "1984"

Are those the ones you were talking about, Mr. B? There are others, of course.

--Wag--
:laugh: enough to give a guy a fit huh?

Dang Ben....

Now I dont like AC/DC anymore either...

Wait, lemme check with the wife, I might actually still like them....

Asimov, Bradbury, Heinlein, Orwell, Wells, Verne, and even Sagan.

Ties your brain in knots sometimes, doesn't it?

I think Brave New World is a difficult read due to the wordingisms from the past that are used. But if you can plow through that and get used to it, it's good. I REALLY related to the Savage. Great old fiction based on a presumptive future.

451.... Bradbury.

Let me think back. Wasn't that one I read in the 60's...... but things were a little fuzzy back then:whistle:

Anyone remember when the word Bogart referred to other than the actor?

So, here's my rant I've been on since reading "Farenheit 451" a few weeks ago... The dang book is kinda becoming true.

Why, you ask? Well, I won't tell how the book goes or anything, read it yourself for that (AWESOME read!)... Think of this, so many people today just don't think for themselves. They let the TV, radio, and media do the thinking for them! I believe if people really did the research and thought for themselves, we wouldn't be in the situations we are now. As for TV and Media, think of this... If the TV and Media weren't there, do you think Obama and McCain would be the only ones with a shot? I say no. The media (TV included) narrows it down to just the 2 they would like to see duke it out for drama, and pushes them for elections... They only want ratings. I firmly believe Huckabee (or Stephen T. Colbert) would make a MUCH better candidate than either nominees now, but a vote for them is basically useless as everyone else lets the media do their thinking... Crap! We're screwed either way now!

And the radio! They keep telling us these new songs are on the top 10 list... Why? I can't stand AC/DC anymore... I heard their new song 3 times in an hour and a half on the same radio station! I don't think anybody likes it that much! Who wants to bet they've been paid off to shove it down the thoughtless peoples throats cause "they say we like it". GAAAHHH!!!!

TV/Media?Radio has ruined the minds of america.

Pass the Brawno!
There's a reason they call that genre of reading "science fiction" :laugh:
The sky isn't falling and its not the end of times. All through recorded history people have always shown a tendency to think the end is here (again), its human nature. But the human race as a whole is supposed to be getting smarter, grab your animal emotions of fight or flight by the boot straps, and look at things like the rationale human being you are. The worlds not ending...or turning into 451 :laugh: I lived on science fiction growing up, but its called fiction for a reason. Calm down and enjoy your life in one of the highest "quality of living" nations in the world...the good ole USA. Or you could move to most other countries and get a sample of what "miserable living" can really be :rofl: Its a shame folks can never appreciate what they have....goods only good enough till you have it right? Then everythings sh*t again :rofl::rofl: ..........the american way, why be happy or satisfied when you can be miserable instead.
I had an ex-friend like that, everything was always sh*t and nothing was good enough as he rode his new bikes around with me, drove his new cars, enjoyed his nice house...and eventually drove his nice wife and good kids (along with his friends) away. Now he's got nothing :banghead: I guess maybe he has a little more reason to ***** now eh? At least I don't have to listen to it non-stop anymore thank the lord :thumbsup:
Enjoy the good things you have in life while you have life.
It goes by quick :laugh:

Omg, the world is coming to an end, I AGREE WITH YAMAHOR :laugh: I wish Huckabee would have atleast been the running mate of Mccain

Back