My racing report w pics, I rode w Ben Spies!

super.gif
(thanx for sharing)

(GSXcite @ Aug. 22 2007,16:39) Question, does your health insurance cover you for track injury, or do you have to pay the hospital bill?
You'll want to do your due diligence and research that with your insurance company carefully. Most have some exceptions for racing such as if your racing for money or some sort of personal gain in a timed event. At that point they won't cover you.

I have pretty good insurance through the fire department and of the over $12,000 in medical bills for the event I paid a $75 emergency room copay only. I don't have any yearly deductible either.

I'm required to keep a medical form in my leathers as part of the tech inspection process every morning before racing that spells out my wishes, blood type and insurance. Do not leave weather you have insurance coverage to chance, an accident at this pace can have injuries totaling into the millions.
sad.gif

Damn bro ! This is the first I heard of it ! Glad you are better and hope to see you at the oyster run this year.
super.gif

(frisbee @ Aug. 25 2007,22:56) Damn bro ! This is the first I heard of it ! Glad you are better and hope to see you at the oyster run this year.
super.gif
Definitely hoping to be at the run...heres to hoping the weather is as good as prior years!
smile.gif

Dayum bro, you make it lQQk so easy, I wish BA would post some of his track days.  Too bad I don't have the money for such an expensive hobby or I would be picking up change on every turn.  
biggrin.gif

How much does it normally cost you a weekend at the track, including your accomodations?

Hey Rhythm,
Don't let the few "good" pics I choose fool you, there are plenty others where I look less than impressive. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you look but how fast you are, I'm still working hard to get back to my pre-wreck benchmarks and hope to be there soon.

The weekend cost depends on allot of factors and how well you manage your resources. I usually sleep in the trailer or track down a relative near by to cut accomodation costs. It takes me over 2 hrs to ge to the track towing a trailer so gas getting there and while i'm there is not cheap. I also stay away from race gas as the +/- 5hp it may give you is not worth the $15+ a gallon considering I'll burn 10+ gals a weekend. Tires is where all the money goes, to small a contact patch to have anything less than the best/freshest rubber on the road.

If I screw up nothing, and break even less, it's about $700+ per weekend.  
ghostface.gif

(justintime2 @ Aug. 30 2007,09:07) Hey Rhythm,
Don't let the few "good" pics I choose fool you, there are plenty others where I look less than impressive. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how you look but how fast you are, I'm still working hard to get back to my pre-wreck benchmarks and hope to be there soon.

The weekend cost depends on allot of factors and how well you manage your resources. I usually sleep in the trailer or track down a relative near by to cut accomodation costs. It takes me over 2 hrs to ge to the track towing a trailer so gas getting there and while i'm there is not cheap. I also stay away from race gas as the +/- 5hp it may give you is not worth the $15+ a gallon considering I'll burn 10+ gals a weekend. Tires is where all the money goes, to small a contact patch to have anything less than the best/freshest rubber on the road.

ghostface.gif
700 bucks
eek2.gif
. i donot know what to say.

Looking good big daddy!

There are times when I think I want to race, but I am just gonna stick with trackdays for now.

(justintime2 @ Aug. 30 2007,09:07) Hey Rhythm,

ghostface.gif
Whewwwww weeeee
eek2.gif
and thats working on a tight budget. You Da Man Playa !

Keep your knees in Da Breeze Playa.........................

(vman1300 @ Aug. 30 2007,09:14) Looking good big daddy!

There are times when I think I want to race, but I am just gonna stick with trackdays for now.
So whats the damage report lQQkn like for a Track Day Kev? I dont need to have fine cusine food (Mac and Cheese) like JustnTyme , I can get by with eating a Mayo and bread sandwich (singular)
laugh.gif
and a cup of tap water from the restroom.

(Rhythm @ Aug. 30 2007,12:32)
(vman1300 @ Aug. 30 2007,09:14) Looking good big daddy!

So whats the damage report lQQkn like for a Track Day Kev?  I dont need to have fine cusine food  (Mac and Cheese) like JustnTyme  , I can get by with eating a Mayo and bread sandwich (singular)  
laugh.gif
 and a cup of tap water from the restroom.
Typical track days are $100 to $200 per day. Most make you join the group to ride, NESBA is $75/year.

With NESBA, track entry is paid and you can camp at most tracks for free. If your bike is in good shape, you can do a trackday rather cheap.

Once you get hooked and yes you will, you will need more and more items to make your day more enjoyable.

(justintime2 @ Aug. 21 2007,20:28) When he got to the track he said he didn't care and wanted a bike so he could go race. They got him a bone stock GSXR 1000 off the showroom floor of a local store and he put his leathers on. There are two pics of him included that show him pulling a wheelie up the back straight and another with him mid corner turning around to see who's behind him.
so much for breaking her in easy
super.gif

(justintime2 @ Aug. 22 2007,13:12)
(Projekt @ Aug. 22 2007,09:28) Excellent! Thanks for sharing...
What year GSXR is that under the race garb? K1-K2?
Thanks guys and projekt it's a 02' GSXR1K
smile.gif
Nice,
I have an 01 in storage with a full Akrapovic Ti system and power commander. Stock they are rated at around 143bhp at the crank.
How heavily modified is your's? Have you dynoed it? What else have you got into it to prep for the track? (My apologies if you've already answered these questions previously.)

Haven't dyno'd it and the motor is stock with the mods listed:
1. race lightened - everything non-esential gone, cooling fan, switch housings, ignition(has keyless ama ignition), brackets, bolts, pegs, subframe shortened, etc.
2. Airtech Streamlining race bodywork (one of my sponsors)
3. Vortex fairing stay, rear set's, keyless gas cap, sliders
4. Power Commander
5. BMC race filter
6. Full Ti Akrapovic evo w carbon can
7. Race lightened rotors, EBC pads w carbon lines, etc.
8. 520 chain conversion w 17/45 gearing
9. Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa Pro 190-S1 rear and 120-S2 front get roughly 30-50 laps out of em'
10. GP suspension front forks with reworked Penske triple in the rear

smile.gif

Another photo of a race 2 weeks after the S-100 with the new red powder coated wheels on!
smile.gif

5481600__A8C4623.jpg

Back