My racing report w pics, I rode w Ben Spies!

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
This year has certainly unfolded differently than I had planned, but I'm here to race another day and wanted to share a few pics/stories with the H.org family. I race the #343 as a tribute to the number of FDNY Fire Fighters who died on 9/11/2001.

With 5 sponsors onboard for this year and running the WMRRA open expert class, it was bound to be interesting, and it has been so far. During round 2 at in Kent, WA I wrecked coming through turn 1 into turn 2. Link no longer works is at Link no longer works if your interested, scroll down to the bottom and click the "2007" folder to view the stories/pics.

I don't remember much from the wreck as I was unconscious for over 10 mins and woke up in the ambulance. Broken collar bone, broken ribs, partially collapsed trachia, jambed thumb and a serious contusion to my left hip, which now has permanent nerve damage and is perpetually numb. The bike faired about equally as well.

Fast forward through recovery and back out on the track. The Seattle 100 charity race held each year brings out AMA stars from across the country and after raising a certain amount of money, they ride with us on the track and sign autographs.

Last year among others I rode with Aaron Yates! This year a number of AMA guys came out and one of them was Ben Spies. Yoshamura Suzuki flew him out to sign autographs but said he was not allowed to set foot on our track. To risky considering he's the national points leader in super sport and super bike right now, taking that title away from his partner Matt Mladin.

When he got to the track he said he didn't care and wanted a bike so he could go race. They got him a bone stock GSXR 1000 off the showroom floor of a local store and he put his leathers on. There are two pics of him included that show him pulling a wheelie up the back straight and another with him mid corner turning around to see who's behind him. And just for those who are wondering, that's everybody!

These shots are from the same charity race, and of me and the bike after we were both put back together!
smile.gif

This shot is cresting the back straight and doing a 140+ mph wheelie!  
AAAssjani.gif

184968239__A8C4814_cropped.jpg

Cool wheelie pic bro! I hope to have the track skills to ride like that one day... Not the wheelies, the knee down and expert class/Spies/Mladin level.
bowdown.gif

Awe man!

I have an idea..... You should adopt me!

Great pics and story, glad your alright and thanks for sharing with us!

(YH2K @ Aug. 22 2007,07:41) I have an idea..... You should adopt me!
My 11 year old daughter is my pit crew chief already! besides, if I adopted you then you'd be eating mac-n-cheese just like her while I raced your college education around the track, LOL!
AAAssjani.gif

Back