My long turbo question!!!!!!

I don't know about superior, but we do our customers bikes like we are doing our own bikes. It isn't even worth posting about the companies/shops with poor systems and poor installs & tune jobs since everyone has there own opinion on what is good, and they don't seem to know any better. No matter how many people get screwed or get half assed shiit, there is always someone who thinks its ok so it isn't worth starting that can o worms again.
I haven't taken pics of others installs so i can't help you there, but i'll see if i can dig up a few pics of poor fabrication and parts and pieces from others we have rebuilt, repaired, or replaced and a few jobs we have in the shop now.
But i can tell you one of my favorites that came into my shop was a stage one system with 5 90 degreel fittings in the fuel system with fuel to the rail coming from a T instead of straight out of the pump. A custom map that was a Dynojet base map with 30's and 20's for top end fueling. System install and personal tuning was supposed to have been done by the company owner. Between the two, the bike owner had a blown head gasket and an A/F of 17 to 1 on top. He's lucky it didn't eat the motor. You would never ever see anything like that coming out of our shop. Toys are hard to come by and we know that. We want you guys to have the best you can for your money.

-

I think I'm starting to understand how cost sensitive some people in this market are. I woundn't think twice about a $1500 installation for a $3500 product if it meant verifyable, guaranteed quality.

I think I'm starting to understand how cost sensitive some people in this market are.  I woundn't think twice about a $1500 installation for a $3500 product if it meant verifyable, guaranteed quality.
Ya know in reality...there are no guarantees. As said, I have used an installer who people have and still will brag on end about his quality work, but on my bike.....he did a hack job. If the shop doesn't want to fix it what's your recourse? Sue right? Higher cost doesn't guaranteee higher quality, hence why people have finally adopted the buy cheap and deal with the quality mentality.

Back