My leathers after the crash

IG.

Registered
I sewed everything myself. Then dyed and polished per Laura's instructions.

If anyone damages their leathers, and wants to fix it DIY, Laura has all kinds of dyes (paint) and sheen (leather polish).

Clicky-clicky

__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>

Wow... that came out great for a 110 mph crash. Glad you are ok!

cool.gif

That gear definitely did its job and held up great. Glad you had it on my friend. Your lottery ticket was cashed in for the winnings when you were able to get up after a getoff at that speed. Man are you lucky!!
wow.gif

Glad to see that you were wearing all of  your gear and came out walking IG.  
super.gif

I  have one question for you. Why didnt you just sand down the entire suit when you repaired and restain the damaged areaz?  Your suit now lookz like you were filling in pot holes on a freeway.  
tounge.gif

I'll give you one thumb up
beerchug.gif
for repairing the damage areaz  , but one down on appearance
sad.gif

Now get back to working on it so you can show us the real final results.  
super.gif

TY

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129610981 -->

super.gif

not to go off subject ... but.. i gootta point out that pic with the double nipples it looks like...what am i looking at there?

Good job
beerchug.gif

I've had a couple of low-side's in the rain at the track, but not at the same speed. My Speedmaster suit got a few scuffs, but no tears. I might have to look into this if I go down next year at the track.

Nah, Rhythm. It's the flash. Makes it look bad. Under normal light it's really hard to tell. Not gonna do anything about it.

I remember reading about some UK painting rule. It's the 80/80 rule: "It only counts how it looks when you go past someone standing 80 ft away, and you are doing 80 mph", or something along those lines.

I had this suit since 2001. Rode in it all the time, and did all the track days. Let's see. Pockets developed holes. Sewed it. Velcro on the pants got weak. Even the zipper broke during the track day (no bad jokes, please) - you know the part you grab to open/close it. So, I took some wire, and fabricated something right there. Since I couldn't take the pants off to do it, I had to be real carefull with pliers, and the wire cutter.
wow.gif

bewsa, man! You see nipples everywhere!
biggrin.gif
Are you referrring to the book on the sofa? I have no idea how this book got there?

I remember reading about some UK painting rule. It's the 80/80 rule: "It only counts how it looks when you go past someone standing 80 ft away, and you are doing 80 mph", or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, sounds alittle like my 2/60 air conditioning I had on my 1970 240z. Two window down going 60 mph .    
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129611382 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back