Upper triple - how to replace it?

IG.

Registered
I am fixing the bike after the crash, and everything is coming together. Recently, I noticed that my upper triple is bent down by a couple of mm on the right side. No cracks, or anything.

I leveled the forks so that relative to the lower triple they seat identically. Naturally, if you look on the upper triple, the right one sticks out a few mm higher because the right side of the upper triple is bent down a little.

The forks travel freely from what I can tell by sitting and pushing on the front, and by riding slowly in the garage.

1. Is it OK to ride like that?

2. If I decide to replace the upper eventually (won one on ebay), is it possible to do it without the whole big deal of taking the forks out, etc?

Thanks
__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>

How to:
Remove the controls and place neatly out of the way.Remove top tree 4 bolts that connect it and lower middle tree together,loosen bar holder bolts to remove bars,roll bars on flat surface to check for straightness,Place new tree on if aftermarket type,push into place readjust height of fork tubes evenly and put it all parts back same as you removed them.I hope this helps.

Thanks for responses! I didn't post much about the crash. Was too upset.

Happened on May 26, on the racetrack (Pocono FUSA for those who know). Banking + rain + bump = front went into a tank slapper at like 110. Slid. Rolled. Stopped 5 ft fromt the wall. Banged up finger. Nothing else.

The bike slid on the left side, and hit the wall with bars, tank, and the hump, and then slid back down on the banking. Luckily the engine, the frame, the forks are OK. Damaged mostly controls, upper plastic, gauges, dent in the tank.

By now, almost everything is back together. Going a little coo-coo without riding.:(

Oh, Yeah.. I checked the forks, how the seat in the upper triple, measured here and there. They seem to seat pretty straight. So, I am gonna hold on to the upper triple anyway, but will try to ride it like this.

Also, I replaced oil in the damper for 80w90. Should've done it a long time ago. Maybe nothing would've happened except a headshake.
__                                      
Igor
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>HumpMod.com</span> <span style='color:darkred'>- The easy way</span></span>

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123080894 -->

If you decide to change the top tree out it is real easy since on the busa the part that is seen is only there for looks and to hold the bars. 4 bolts and the screws holding the bars in and its off. Mine was really easy to change. While i had it appart I made some aluminum pieces to hold my pressure guage for the air shifter, the shift light and the kill cord (dead man switch). I will try to post a pic of it shortly.

Thanks man. But, I am considering replacing the actual upper triple, not the upper triple cover.

Still not hard. Any aftermarket triple that replaces the entire stock triple will have some hardware to fix it in place.

Back