My guess come Friday February 5th...

Neat how they combined headlight to mimic both Gen 1 , and Gen 2 . 186 mph is going to be as gauges show the typical 180 with the extra 5 mark . I think weight will be reduced some by exhaust can size .
560 ish wet.

Only thing I could see a problem is how the integrated the new accessories. If it’s a completely different ecu, we can likely kiss all the awesome turbo fueling options that we currently have as I don’t see woodlich developing that kind of stuff. They don’t even do it with the gen 2 now.

Best we could hope for is the same ecu as a gen 2, and all this extra stuff is controlled through another module over canbus. That’s what I’m really waiting to find out.

Well. as for the 200mph it's clearly restricted as the speedo stops at 300km/h... The old unrestricted 99 topped out at 350....

Observations based on what little has been shown to the public thus far.

First the Good.

Aesthetics - I actually like the looks of the Black and Orange one from the pics, even the exhaust is not so bad looking! The new wheels are a welcome revision! It looks like a Hayabusa (perhaps more Gen 1-esque than Gen 2, based on the tail section). Looks like they have gone full LED, but I could be wrong. The Split Taillight looks decent too. The new mirrors are interesting as well.

The addition of (what appears to be a now industry standard) IMU, Cruise, traction, engine braking, and wheelie control and quick shifter are all expected. It might not be the Intelligent cruise control Ducati, KTM and a few others are now rolling out, but it’s a start. I’ll take it.

The bike has to be Euro 5 compliant or they would not even have bothered with the new model, that’s a good thing unless you are looking to tune it. What ECU they give it and what mandated controls they have put on it remain to be seen.

The not so good.

Analog gauges - While the rest of the motorcycling world is switching to Huge TFT displays, Suzuki decided to buck the trend. Not really bent about it, just was hoping for a little more flash here.

Brakes – Just based purely on the thumbnail approach looking at the pics, it appears they have stuck with 310mm rotors, same as the Gen 2. All they had to do is grab the T-drive Brembo’s off the GSXR 1000 and I would have been ecstatic! Again while the rest of the motorcycling world is switching to 320 or in some cases 330mm rotors… Cannot make out the calipers from the images but Kawasaki is now including the Brembo Stylema calipers on the H2 variants…

Master cylinders – Again based on the images they sure look like the B-king masters. Again while the rest of the motorcycling world is switching to radial masters across the board, Suzuki…But they did ventilate the front of the levers for less wind affected braking!

Suspension – Can’t really make it out from the imagery but it does not appear to be the BFF fork from the GSXR1000 and cant tell what shock is used, but likely not the BFRC-Lite from the Gixxer. Not a game breaker, but I was hopeful they would raid the GSXR parts bin here!

The Unknown – Displacement is anybody’s guess but seems likely that they would at least want parity with the ZX14 here. Chris Moore brought up the new clutch cover in his video and Suzuki filed a few patents last year pertaining to a novel clutch release mechanism and shifter, though I have no real idea what it actually means for the Gen3? Will there be more than one model? An up-spec version with some of the things I mentioned above would be awesome!

Guess we’ll know more tomorrow!

Back