My guess come Friday February 5th...

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
What I think we’ll see come Friday about the Gen-3 Hayabusa reveal. No it won’t be an all new bike but it will be a pretty big update.

Will it have some form of forced induction, no...

I think it’ll be 1400cc+ N/A setup but what combo?

Current Gen-2 is 81mm x 65mm = 1,339.78cc

1) Will they go with a slight piston increase to 84mm x 65mm = 1440.86

2) Or keep the stock pistons and stroke it for more torque 81mm x 70mm = 1442.84

3) Or maybe a toned down 81mm x 68mm = 1401.62

I feel like option 2 is the best route IMO but will it have the mechanical VVT similar to the GSXR-1000RR or a new patent designed hydraulic VVT? It may not have either but it’ll be interesting to see.

Based on the teaser video it’ll have an updated electronics package like the GSXR-1000RR.

PW: Power Mode
TC: Traction Control
LF: Lift Control (wheelies)
QS: Quickshifter (electric or manual?)

One that was missing- LC: Launch Control?

I see they moved the shift light to front and center finally! Added the Suzuki lean angle sensors and updated mini TFT with the SDMS - Suzuki Drive Mode Selector and ABS. Not much else to be had from the dash video. Though I was hoping that was tire PSI on

However, one conspiracy I’ll start is specs and rating. With the added cc the bike will make 200hp+ but how much? It was previously rated at 195.7hp and we all know what the added cc will do but that brings me to the next topic weight?

1999 model was 473lbs (215kg) dry
2008 model was 485lbs (220kg) dry

We all know with a lighter rear subframe, wheels, exhaust and a few other bits we can easily drop 20-30lbs. That got me thinking about power, weight, and top speeds again. Maybe Suzuki is finally going to piss off on the gentleman’s agreement and finally give everyone what they want, a TRUE 200 machine from the factory!

200hp / 200kg / 200mph

Suzuki started the speed wars and it would be a good time to finish the speed wars as the first TRUE 200MPH+ motorcycle from the factory.

Thoughts???

Now secretly I’m hoping it’s more like 210/210/210 but hey a guy can live outside the box a little. Either way I’m looking forward to Friday and whatever they have in store for us FINALLY after 20-years...

Welcome back everyone...things are about to get interesting...

B9F20207-BDFA-45E2-9823-05D13A8723E7.jpeg

F0A6953A-940F-46E1-994A-D5A451A335A6.jpeg

What I think we’ll see come Friday about the Gen-3 Hayabusa reveal. No it won’t be an all new bike but it will be a pretty big update.

2) Or keep the stock pistons and stroke it for more torque 81mm x 70mm = 1442.84

I feel like option 2 is the best route IMO but will it have the mechanical VVT similar to the GSXR-1000RR or a new patent designed hydraulic VVT? It may not have either but it’ll be interesting to see.

Based on the teaser video it’ll have an updated electronics package like the GSXR-1000RR.

I see they moved the shift light to front and center finally! Added the Suzuki lean angle sensors and updated mini TFT with the SDMS - Suzuki Drive Mode Selector and ABS. Not much else to be had from the dash video. Though I was hoping that was tire PSI on

However, one conspiracy I’ll start is specs and rating. With the added cc the bike will make 200hp+ but how much? It was previously rated at 195.7hp and we all know what the added cc will do but that brings me to the next topic weight?

We all know with a lighter rear subframe, wheels, exhaust and a few other bits we can easily drop 20-30lbs. That got me thinking about power, weight, and top speeds again. Maybe Suzuki is finally going to piss off on the gentleman’s agreement and finally give everyone what they want, a TRUE 200 machine from the factory!

200hp / 200kg / 200mph

Suzuki started the speed wars and it would be a good time to finish the speed wars as the first TRUE 200MPH+ motorcycle from the factory.

Thoughts???

Now secretly I’m hoping it’s more like 210/210/210 but hey a guy can live outside the box a little. Either way I’m looking forward to Friday and whatever they have in store for us FINALLY after 20-years...

View attachment 1631795

View attachment 1631796
Not a bad assessment!

200hp / 200kg / 200mph

Thoughts???

View attachment 1631795

View attachment 1631796
The gen 2 is 550 lbs dry and approx 582- 592 wet.

My guess is we will know Friday....

I do guess it will be governed and neutered-just by looking at those huge, hideous exhaust cans...

Anyone else wonder why they positioned the new one in the middle of the other two instead of in front, nearest the camera?

I hope Got-Busa is correct. If it's the same engine with a longer stroke or even a similar engine that fits the same old frame, then I have hope of fitting a Gen3 engine from a wrecked bike into my Gen2 someday or maybe even only a Gen3 crankshaft into my Gen2 motor. Maybe even upgrade to the Gen3 electronics from the wrecked bike. The Gen2 ZX-14 engine and electronics have been fitted to the Gen1 ZX-14. Maybe that will be doable with the previous and last gen busas too.

Anyone else wonder why they positioned the new one in the middle of the other two instead of in front, nearest the camera?
Yeah that struck me as odd too. Maybe to give the new busa center stage. Maybe it couldn't pull up without showing too much if it were closest to the camera. When it speeds away, center is the best position to convey the idea that the new bike is better than the previous two and that it came from the previous two.

200hp / 200kg / 200mph

Thoughts???

View attachment 1631795

View attachment 1631796
I sense a disturbance in the force.

Back