My gauges went nuts.

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
This evening when I started my bike the gauges started to twitch from 0 to 100% sweep.

When I started the bike I did the normal let the dash Sweep and the fuel pump prime then hit the starter. When I looked back at the gauges they were sweeping from 0% 100% sweep in a twitchy manner.

The gauges did not sweep and stop at the 9 o'clock like some have reported.

I shut down the bike and let the dash boot again and every thing worked fine. Yes I have HID lights but I have not had a problem with them resetting or other wise harming my dash functions.

Has any one else had any issues like this? Should I be worried?

Do you have a HID light system? Mine does it all time if I don't push the start button turn the key on and pull the clutch in and start it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes he has hid's, read his entire post and he states that. If it only did it once and has happened again i wouldn't worry about it. I had a few glitches after installing my hid's-clock reset once or twice, gear indicator was jumping btwn 1st and second once. But only happened once and hasn't had a single glitch in about the past year. Make sure your ballasts are as far away from your gauge cluster as possible, mounted mine on the right ram air tube below the throttle

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I always do the start method also by holding the starter button down and then pullin the clutch. Have gotten used to it now and don't even think about it every time i go to start the bike

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Make sure your wires from your ballest(sp) to your headlight are as far away as possible from your cluster. Mine never did untill all of the sudden. Finally took my nose cone off and noticed the wires fell off the plastic hook and were laying on the cluster. Re-routed them and no problems since.

Sent from tapatalk

Either your ballast or wires are too close to your cluster.

The starting method does not affect the gauges or clock.
The clutch starting method is for folks who are worried about bulb life.

I start mine both ways, the regular way and the clutch lever start method.
I've never had a problem.

Thanks for all the replies. I do start mine by holding the starter and turning the key and pulling the clutch lever. I have not ridden since so if it happens again I will check the routing of the wires.

Does any one know why the wires affect this so much? Is it RF interference?

Thanks for all the replies. I do start mine by holding the starter and turning the key and pulling the clutch lever. I have not ridden since so if it happens again I will check the routing of the wires.

Does any one know why the wires affect this so much? Is it RF interference?

Yes, it;s called noise.

Back