My forced vacation is upon us

BigBadDodge

Registered
what to do what to do
I get 80 hrs of vacation time a year, i dont like taking time off so i just use it for days off or half days here and there if i got something to do. My anniversary date is sept 13th so i'll get another 80 hours, we are "allowed" to carry over 10 hrs or hr starts yelling.
i still have 73 hours left from last year, so bossman says i'm taking friday and all next week off:laugh: which will suck:banghead:

Only thing i have planned is
Wake up early and hit the 6am breakfast at gunther toody's (never actually woken up and gone and had breakfast someplace that early)(well atleast not sober) gonna give that a try

and probably tear into the race truck, hopefully get some riding in, but everyone i know will be at work

Suggestions?

I got 123 Hours. I don't like vacations. Too much time on my hands can get me in trouble:whistle:

exactly, that was the first thing i told him when he said i was taking it, he goes you got stuff to do right, hmmm sounds alot like jail to me

i wish they'd just pay it out to us at the end of the year, i could always use an extra 80 hrs this time of the year

I'm actually dreading when i hit the seniority where i get 3 weeks, then a month

You should check w/ HR and see if you can bank it for extended sick leave, God forbid you ever need it.
Many places will not pay it out. Most folks would never take much needed time off. All work and no play.

Luckily we can get ours in the form of a check with no time off. Check the board for rides several going on.

Don't hate me but I get 288 hours per year. I work 12 hour shifts, long week is 48 hours, short week is 36.

Short week is Sunday, Wednesday,Thursday. So I take Wednesday, Thursday off for vacation so I burn 24 hours and get 7 days off. So I get 12 weeks off a year.
Last year I wrecked so I didn't use all my vacation so I rolled 80 hours. So this year I had 15 weeks vacation.... ok you can hate me now.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

No sypmpathy from me buddy, I got 144 hours a year and Its never enough, Im a popular guy in hi-demand....

what to do what to do
I get 80 hrs of vacation time a year, i dont like taking time off so i just use it for days off or half days here and there if i got something to do. My anniversary date is sept 13th so i'll get another 80 hours, we are "allowed" to carry over 10 hrs or hr starts yelling.
i still have 73 hours left from last year, so bossman says i'm taking friday and all next week off:laugh: which will suck:banghead:

Only thing i have planned is
Wake up early and hit the 6am breakfast at gunther toody's (never actually woken up and gone and had breakfast someplace that early)(well atleast not sober) gonna give that a try

and probably tear into the race truck, hopefully get some riding in, but everyone i know will be at work

Suggestions?
a week and a half? one of the formen where i work had over 800 hours of vacation stockpiled and another 240 hours of banked overtime so that works out to 26 weeks... he was hoping to be able to take his last year off before retiring, but they forced him to take 10 weeks off

thats the thing though they dont let us stockpile it, and generally crap goes all to hell if im not there and i end up putting in more ot trying to get everything back together
As frog said i'm a popular guy in high demand lol except its at work for me

i get three weeks a year vaca. then i get 1 weeks of holidays since i work everyone i get a paid day off for each as well. then i also get 2 weeks of sick a year. currently i have 570 hours of vacation, 1100 hours of sick, and 3 weeks of paid time of for the holidays i have worked. i can never seem to get the time of so i take an extra check at christmas all the time for gifts etc.

My mom works for the school district in aurora, for every day she takes off she gets like 2 more, its something stupid and unreal how much time she ends up with she works like 3 days a week and just takes vac on thurs and fridays, granted she doesnt make nearly what i do money wise but still lol.
I work for a big company but its family run, we dont even work weekends of holidays. Alot of my problem is the boss will be like well you had a great week so take a half day friday and i'll pay you for 8, rather than letting me burn vacation.

Really really hope i can keep busy all week, i like going to work, while i dont always like what goes on its like my escape, there isnt much 8-10 hr days under a welding hood cant fix, it can be nasty evil cause its just you and your thoughts(where some of my dumbest ideas come from). Days i wish i wasnt a supervisor and have to deal with everyone elses crap ontop of my own work, at the end of the day if i could just bust butt 7-330 i'd be happy!

My mom works for the school district in aurora, for every day she takes off she gets like 2 more, its something stupid and unreal how much time she ends up with she works like 3 days a week and just takes vac on thurs and fridays, granted she doesnt make nearly what i do money wise but still lol.
I work for a big company but its family run, we dont even work weekends of holidays. Alot of my problem is the boss will be like well you had a great week so take a half day friday and i'll pay you for 8, rather than letting me burn vacation.

Really really hope i can keep busy all week, i like going to work, while i dont always like what goes on its like my escape, there isnt much 8-10 hr days under a welding hood cant fix, it can be nasty evil cause its just you and your thoughts(where some of my dumbest ideas come from). Days i wish i wasnt a supervisor and have to deal with everyone elses crap ontop of my own work, at the end of the day if i could just bust butt 7-330 i'd be happy!

Are you married? Can the wife unit take a few days off to be with you? Day ride with the unit? Kids? Take them to school, pick them up. Family night out. Take A Long Ride. Go visit Mom on a Friday, take her to dinner. Spend a couple days doing a fine-supercleaning on your Busa. Hell, go fishing.
Don`t get upset, paint the kitchen.

I take a day off here and there for my divorce case. Other wise I too would have in excess of 120 hrs vacation. We are only allowed 40 hrs carryover per year.

I use ALL my vacation, and when I run out I use my dads (he is my boss and part owner). He is like u workaholics, way too much vaca. The only depressing part is he makes so much more than me that 16 hours my pay, was only 4 hours for him. Good for him I guess because I do love my time away.

Back