My forced vacation is upon us

Are you married? Can the wife unit take a few days off to be with you? Day ride with the unit? Kids? Take them to school, pick them up. Family night out. Take A Long Ride. Go visit Mom on a Friday, take her to dinner. Spend a couple days doing a fine-supercleaning on your Busa. Hell, go fishing.
Don`t get upset, paint the kitchen.

I take a day off here and there for my divorce case. Other wise I too would have in excess of 120 hrs vacation. We are only allowed 40 hrs carryover per year.

No kids, woman wont ride on the bike and she will be at work all week :please::laugh:
Probably go meet my mom for lunch, and busa is in serious need of some cleaning got caught in the rain about 3 weeks ago and just havent felt like cleaning.

Going to finally rebuild the intake for my truck also

Rather than being forced to use them or lose them, I think I would be using a few here n there for extra long weekends...hey, I`m doing that now!
I think after taking today and tomorrow, I still have ~110hrs left...some will be used this November when it`s time to Deer Hunt.
Enjoy your days off BBD.

We dont loose em, just get yelled at lol

Got all my end of week manpower stuff done today and the boss goes well i'll see you tomorrow, told me i could take it if my work was done and i pulled off 48 hrs of work in 32 this week, so vaca starts tomorrow:cheerleader:

Once the race trucks finished i'm sure i will start using up more, taking 3-4 day weekends to go run in arizona, texas, kansas luckily the nhrda circuit is fairly small and alot of it is around this half of the country, really isnt much in colorado so that should be fun

i've worked all my life. I wish I could have a few months off at some point during my adult life. ahhhh, such are the things we taxpayers must face.

i'd like to be a bum for just 2 months, just to see what it is like to not have so many responsibilities. I guess i'll never know.

If you aren't enjoying your vacation time, you are doing it wrong:poke: :laugh:

Or you don't have the funds to do it right......plan ahead there is more things to do than there is time to do it...

get a Pashnit tour done..

Visit one of the National Parks you pretty close to some of the best ( unless you are tired of them all already since you so close)

Glacier National Park Montana - Lodging in Glacier National Park. Hotels and Resort Accommodations in and around Glacier National Park.

One of the places to stay there is a luxurious farm type setting with horseback riding/ archery/ and many other activities aside from the Park itself...

Take a cruise ..... bad time for a cruise around here now:whistle: :laugh:

I can think of a lot of different things to do other than work :laugh:

So day 1 friday was spent cleaning the bike finally and the rest of the day was blown trying to get the washing machine fixed.
Monday, which is a paid holiday anyway was supposed to start helping my dad get the engine back in my sisters truck, got up early waiting for him to call, around noon i hadnt heard from him so my friend texts me asking if she could get her whole bike wet when she washes it. Which turns into wanna help, by the time i got to her place she was done and wanted to go ride, went over to a friends and met up with her parents for a bit(got some nice crap talking in, mostly against me they're all harley guys)???
Decided to go get some del taco, closest one to us is around 12 miles away, had some lunch than rode out to this spot i go out in the middle of nowhere to think, gorgeous ride out there, 2 lane road and no traffic to be seen. Then rode back and hung out at her place, not sure how many miles we put in but this is one of the first times my arms have been sore, ended up pretty sunburnt as well, wasnt planning to do much riding.
Had to run to my dads this evening to help push my sisters truck in and we are putting the engine in tomorrow.

I can easily see why you dislike your vacation time :whistle: The key word in your vacation time is your vacation :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

I get 156 hours of vacation a year. My company requires me to take 40 hours a year but I can cash out up to a hundred hours a year also so it works out well for me. :)

Good luck on your forced vacation. :)

Got the shortblock into my sisters truck so my dad can finish the rest on his own, washing machine is finally working again, spent all day wed chasing parts and getting that done, did some gambling today (wish i had the money to go to blackhawk, playing my luck on scratch tickets i hadnt cashed in yet):rofl:

Got a call from the shop today i was hesitant to answer, but did and now i dont go back to work till next thursday :banghead:

I get 180 hours a year, plus the standard 7 days "national holiday", 7 days personal (use it for anything), and 7 sick days.

I'm not used to vacations, so I just found out what happens when you max out the 180 hours, they stop climbing. I took two days off to go on a motorcycle ride last week. That way I get the two days back next month. Otherwise they just vanish.

I can't cash them out, otherwise I'd do that... Honestly, using up so much vacation time makes me feel like I'm not doing my job properly. If I'm not seen as important, that can be negative to gainful employment.

I can't cash them out, otherwise I'd do that... Honestly, using up so much vacation time makes me feel like I'm not doing my job properly. If I'm not seen as important, that can be negative to gainful employment.
Think thats partly my problem as well, i'm not worried about my job at all just seems like if im not there, things arent happening that could be if i was.

Got another day or so solved, friends dropping her r6 off, gonna change the oil finish the fender eliminator, put flush mounts up front and paint all sorts of stuff pink :whistle:

Back