My first time at the track

Irishluck

Registered
So I just took my 08 Busa to the drag strip for the first time. Keep in mind this was the first time Ive ever raced a bike and the first time Ive ever launched my Busa. Only mods are a Tsukigi Cannon and a K&N Air filter everything else is stock. My best pass of the night after about 8 attempts was a 10.36 @ 142.9mph with a 1.9 60ft.. So just looking for everyone elses opinion Im feeling pretty happy and excited on how it went and cant wait to go back to try and improve. :cheerleader:

I don't drag but I believe...that if you crack under 10.0 your done
dragging for the night until you get a professional license (or whatever it's called)

So you may want to get one in advance since you might be cracking into
the 9s very soon.

It would suck to go out there and hit 9.9 on the first pass and your done.

Someone else here I'm sure has more info on it than I do.

Im pretty sure if you break 10's in a car you are done until you install roll cages and safety equipment. But then the weight of the cage could put you above 10's. Damn rules.
Not sure about bikes.

Excellent times...........work on that 60' and you drop into the 9's really quick............good work! :beerchug:

I actually was going to post something about this. I'm going to the track wednesday to race my buddy. Any tips? Rev and hold at 5k and then pop the clutch?

I don't drag but I believe...that if you crack under 10.0 your done
dragging for the night until you get a professional license (or whatever it's called)

So you may want to get one in advance since you might be cracking into
the 9s very soon.

It would suck to go out there and hit 9.9 on the first pass and your done.

Someone else here I'm sure has more info on it than I do.

The track at Indy is when you hit 8.99 when you need a license....on a bike,a car I believe the time is 9.99

I actually was going to post something about this. I'm going to the track wednesday to race my buddy. Any tips? Rev and hold at 5k and then pop the clutch?

well im no pro that was my first time to even launch the bike never even launched it on the street. So only thing i can pass on is dont pop the clutch i rode it out hell i never really even pulled the wheel lol, but i left at 4k im going in 2 weeks again and im going to leave at more like 7k and get alittle more throttle out of her and see if i can get that 60 down alittle more ill keep everyone posted on that. As for the licence thing here its 9.99 or quicker so like some have said i might have to get it soon and have no clue where to go to get it guess ill have to talk to the track officials.

Back