first time at the track...

FTMFW

Registered
well, i took the 08 out to the track for the first time last saturday. was my first time at the track ever on a motorcycle, and prior to saturday my fastest run ever was a 13.01 in a truck. saturday was also my first time class racing, my first time launching from a pro tree, and generally my first time doing anything. i made four passes. bike mods are as follows

yosh 4-1 exhaust
lowering links set in the middle
power commander
clutch mod.

stock length, stock tires.

first two were "shakedown" runs also called qualifying, but i honestly was expecting to be a first round knockout. i got reallllly lucky.
1- .350 reaction
2.190 60'
11.012 @ 135.09 et doesnt show the HP, but that MPH does!!!!

2-.444 reaction
1.992 60'
11.064 @ 131.42 i had 2nd gear difficulties as the MPH shows, but getting better....

3- competition time....10.50 dial in.....
.260 reaction
1.897 60'
10.512 @ 135.92.......people were freaking out...they knew it was my frist day out. the guy i raced was steamin!!!

4- .328 reaction
2.184 60'
11.045 @ 132.01... and my first day at the track was over. but a ton of fun!!!!!

ive got videos need some editing software... any suggestions???

heres a pic, you know you want to see my sexiness. :laugh::whistle:

byron2.jpg

ps, dont hate on the shoes, i cant shift in boots :) and yes, i know i make a hayabusa look tiny. i wish i had pix of me on my 600.

Last edited:
awesome! i just discovered the fun this year myself. only been 4 times so far but man its like crack....:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

I gotta try something like that.

Greenbean you are very close to Bristol Dragway so you should come over and race with us!! Bristol has Street Fights and it is only $10 to make as many passes as you can. They have a quick 8 also for the bikes which is alot of fun! You will need leathers to run the 1/4 mile or you can make 1/8 mile passes with a jacket and jeans. There are three Saturday and two
Thursday races left this year so maybe you will be able to make one!!!

I give you props. I've never been down the track on a bike either. Not sure how good I'd do. Nerves would probably screw up my launch.

Back