My first time at Miller Motorsports park

Just go with the 16/42 since you already have it
super.gif

cewl! Sprockets are pretty cheap so if I don't like it - I can try something different. Any advice on whether or not to use the rivet link or a clip on master link with the new chain? Is there any difference?

(Rocketman @ Aug. 13 2007,22:55) cewl!  Sprockets are pretty cheap so if I don't like it - I can try something different.  Any advice on whether or not to use the rivet link or a clip on master link with the new chain?  Is there any difference?
Rivet  
wink.gif
  clip link will work...but the rivet type is more secure...WON"T come off, ya never know about that clip.

Rich and Charles rocks!!
beerchug.gif

Thanx for the explanation guys. I'll buy the 43 rear sprocket and put that in and see how she handles at Miller. But I'll keep the stock gearing around and swap it out in case I don't like it (unlikely).

But it does make sense about gaining more top end at the expense of a reduced drive/accleration out of the corners. I mean turn in was phenomenal and quick, but I definitely felt that it lost a little "umphh" on the drives out of the corners. My acceleration on the CA Speedway front straight seemed "soft" even though I was WFO. But it does make sense that if I had a little more distance I could've hit a higher top speed (which is useless when you wanna hit almost top speed "quicker"). Dale Kieffer from Racer's Edge Performance (Michelin vendor w/Fastrackriders) said not to worry about changing the geometry, but go up +1 on the rear. Now I see why.

Again, good explanation guys. I needed that.

Something I worry about are brakes. Can the busa's stock brake system handle really hard braking coming down from high speeds or do I have to figure some brake-glazing into the mix?

I had to brake very hard to get the bike to slow down for the turns.

(Rocketman @ Aug. 14 2007,09:07) Something I worry about are brakes.
I had to brake very hard to get the bike to slow down for the turns.
If you haven't done so yet, I would highly recommend replacing the stock front brake lines with braided lines. The difference is awesome,
At the track, running the busa, the MAIN problem I ran into was hitting a clunky false neutral upon downshifting. One of the times, I was way hot without the dwnshft- and that happened--braided brake lines saved my puckered arse.

(gtrpimp76 @ Aug. 14 2007,01:57) Rich and Charles rocks!!
beerchug.gif

But it does make sense about gaining more top end at the expense of a reduced drive/accleration out of the corners. I mean turn in was phenomenal and quick, but I definitely felt that it lost a little "umphh" on the drives out of the corners. My acceleration on the CA Speedway front straight seemed "soft" even though I was WFO.
Just curious-- what are you revving at coming out of the corners? I have found that with the busa--I needed to be at least above 6k-- but 7-8k is even more umphy
Gotta keep the revs up -pwrband is "mui impotante" on them turns ya know.

Ok - I'll be orderin' them stainless steel brake lines. Thanks for the heads up. That was one of my points of discomfort.

(Suijuris @ Aug. 14 2007,07:29)
beerchug.gif

But it does make sense about gaining more top end at the expense of a reduced drive/accleration out of the corners. I mean turn in was phenomenal and quick, but I definitely felt that it lost a little "umphh" on the drives out of the corners. My acceleration on the CA Speedway front straight seemed "soft" even though I was WFO.
Just curious-- what are you revving at coming out of the corners? I have found that with the busa--I needed to be at least above 6k-- but 7-8k is even more umphy
He rides a '06 Gixxer 1000
wink.gif

(Rocketman @ Aug. 14 2007,08:03) Ok - I'll be orderin' them stainless steel brake lines.  Thanks for the heads up.  That was one of my points of discomfort.
Brake lines and some HH pads...either EBC or Galfer
super.gif

(Suijuris @ Aug. 14 2007,23:29)
beerchug.gif

As Rich said, I'm on an K6 Gixx1K.

The corner I'm referring to at Ca Speedway is Turns 18 and 19. It's a double apex left that enters onto the main banking. I usually don't look down at the tach but I did notice on one occasion around 7K @ 2nd gear almost 70% throttle and at a pretty good lean angle. I'm draggin knee throughout the entire corner @ +/- 90MPH. Hitting that straight for the best possible speed is all about a good and hard drive through the apexes.

Back