My first LEO interview

oh and if you can at all help it don't answer any question by saying well to be honest or honestly, they take that as a what were you lying to us before :beerchug:

I will never forget this question asked by a Providence Rhode Island Major in an interview:

Question: You place $2.25 into a pay phone for along distance call (dating myself). You make the call and at the end of your conversation the phone returns your money. What would you do...well a dis-honest answer would be, you would drive down to the phone company and give them the change.

I answered I would hang up the phone, put the change in my pocket and consider a FREE call. I was the only person out of 50 to answer that correct. Sometimes questions are set up so you answer them like you think the interviewer wants to hear but not as you would actually do, finding deceptive people is pretty easy. I worked for (4) agencies..went through it four times... :thumbsup:

When you make a decision, stick with it. However, don't ride a sinking ship to the bottom. If they change the scenario, feel free to adjust your answer. The panel wants to see if you can think on your feet, but not be totally inflexible.

"Don't mention you have a vendetta against some old high school friends" :laugh:

Good Luck and stay one of the good(fair) ones if you have this as a new line of employment. :thumbsup:

I just got the news that I have an interview with the police department on Tuesday night! Any tips? Not sure what to expect.

just be relaxed answer honestly, dont try to outsmart the review board, and just remember to always stick to your guns they are trying to make you second guess yourself......never second guess yourself!!

bench

I forgot to update this. I have tested at two departments and had interviews at both. I am on both of the list, now I just wait. I will keep testing as many places as I can in the mean time.

I hope they don't sell me some pregnant ladies urine. I would have some explaining to do then. :laugh:

"Lucy...jew got some splaining to do!"

lucy_1-full.jpg

Back