My First Ever Dyno Run

SABUSABOY

Registered
My first ever dyno run. Have nothing to compare with. Just Yoshi bolt ons, BMC air filter, T.R.E and pair valve mod otherwise engine stock. I know there is room for much improvement.
What you guys think?

23-03-2009 09;13;49 AM.jpg

Gen 1 with stock sprockets, but dyno can be fooled when changing sprockets, so wary of top speed reading. More mods to come with time and money.

is this SAE or standard? Do they use an inertia model or the eddy current model from dynamometer systems?

I would lying if i told either one. To be honest i don't know. All i know was they put bike on at a rally, then kept revs at 6 thousand to calibrate then did a run, then calibrated again then did another run. Did 3 runs in total, i guess they take the average of all 3. I don't know enough about dynos. Need to brush up on my skills in that department.

an inertia dyno may read a little high and if it's not SAE corrected the numbers may be high or low dependant on the weather conditions.

Same mods and mine made 148 and change on a eddy current superflow.

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

Spoke to guy who did the dyno, he said it was a " this is an SAE J1349 corrected dyno graph, it was done on an inertia dyno " . Still dont know what thatmeans hopefully someone can enlighten me. So for this type of dyno, is this good or bad. Remembering that it was 82.4 fahrenheit in the afternoon with 42% humidity

Replacing the exhaust cam with an intake cam and sprocket, what sort of gains can you expect from the dyno run already done? and would it be better to change headers and port and polish with power commander. I love the look of dual exhausts and i see vance & hines do a performace header for dual exhausts. How much difference would you see with dual exhausts and headers and a plain 4-1? Thanks in advance

Back