First Time on the Dyno

GriffBM

Donating Member
Registered
Went up to Ron Ayers Motorsports in Greeneville, NC today to get a custom map for the Busa. Ended up at 164.6 hp and 103.9 ft-lbs of torque when it was all said and done. I was expecting about 162 hp so obviously I was satisfied. This seem about right to you dyno vets? Modifications: Boz Bros. Moira full exhaust, small air box mod, pair valve removed, BMC race filter, and  Amsoil synthetic. Tried standing at the dyno during the whole mapping process, but didn't have any earplugs in and the exhaust was just too freaking loud!
beerchug.gif

DynoRun_2.jpg

(GoldenChild @ Jan. 18 2007,14:23) Do you know what gear he did he run in?
He done multiple pulls during the whole mapping process most were done in 4th, there were a few pulls going through all the gears then the final pull was done in 4th. That is correct, right? I have heard of some doing pulls in 5th, but most stick to with 4th. At least that is what I have read.

No PCIII? Wouldn't that add some horses? Bozz maps available? Did he just tune your fuel/air ratio for your bike or actually download a map?

You can't buy a Bozz exhaust and complain about the noise...c'mon.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 18 2007,15:10) No PCIII?  Wouldn't that add some horses?  Bozz maps available?  Did he just tune your fuel/air ratio for your bike or actually download a map?

You can't buy a Bozz exhaust and complain about the noise...c'mon.
Damn! Forgot about my PCIII, yup got one. He tuned my air/fuel ratio. The noise isn't bad sitting on the bike with a helmet on, but standing off to the left of it while it is on a dyno is another thing all together.

4th is correct and always good to do a all gear run cause if you don't see the power step on each shift it's out of tune somewhere..Congrats...

I found a couple of things. You had readings from a standard map. If they were to correct the HP using SAE, you would have seen a little less. Not much. SAE corrections make changes for Altitude and barometric pressure. But none the less, great numbers!! 4th gear dyno runs are the industry standard. Some people do 5th gear runs and you'll see higher numbers with that..

(lugnutz @ Jan. 18 2007,18:42) Also, I have a question for you..  Do you hear a tick coming from your engine like a low end tick or knock?
You mean after it was re-mapped? Honestly couldn't tell you right now. When it was all done, they shut the bike down wheeled up front, I paid, and then put in on the trailer since it was raining all day. Why do you ask? Should I be worried
laugh.gif
. Busa's have always been a little noisy.

(GriffBM @ Jan. 18 2007,03:56) Went up to Ron Ayers Motorsports in Greeneville, NC today to get a custom map for the Busa. Ended up at 164.6 hp and 103.9 ft-lbs of torque when it was all said and done. I was expecting about 162 hp so obviously I was satisfied. This seem about right to you dyno vets? Modifications: Boz Bros. Moira full exhaust, small air box mod, pair valve removed, BMC race filter, and Amsoil synthetic. Tried standing at the dyno during the whole mapping process, but didn't have any earplugs in and the exhaust was just too freaking loud!
beerchug.gif
nice numbers.... try standing next to a dump pipe when the motor is wrapped up on the dyno..... all I can say is
eek2.gif
wow thats loud!!!

No you should be worried..
smile.gif
Like you said, Busa are always a little noisy. After I brought my bike to the dyno, the noise was really noticable..

correct me if im wrong, but arent these numbers low? i had a gixxer 1000 that put up 159hp with a slip on, k&n, tre, a pc3, a downloaded pc3 map and the pair mod. (not pair removal). we brought that number up to a 167hp with just mapping.

the gixxers are puttin out some unreal hp numbers little low in the torque area , thats why we need a new busa !

Back