My fellow Idiots!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I would like to nominate myself for dumbest guy on the Org! I was installing my new heli bars and expected things to go quickly. Their documentation says you don't have to change any lines, just slap them on. Not mine! Nothing fit. So, not to be defeated once I get on a project, I called the local shop to see if they could make me some longer ss brake lines. Just about them my wife walks into the office and asks: "Why are you putting the left bar on the right side?" I don't know what was more embarrassing, doing something so stupid or having her notice it.:duh:

So, the Heli bars don't look like much of a change, only about an 1" or so up. I was thinking boy, I'm not getting this mod - looks like there's not much benifit for that $$. But after riding today the difference is pretty significant. They are just high enough to reduce that back stress and allow you to last much longer in the saddle. It also makes the one hand rest position much more comfortable. Quite amazing really, such a small difference in height and bend could make this much of a difference.

On the other side, I think the riding position feels much less sporty too. This could be all in my head but I felt much less weight forward when cornering. I found myself moving around trying to get that solid feel over the front wheel. This is not a critism though, as it will just take a few more miles to learn how to transition from the comfortable touring position to the aggressive sporty mode.

All in all I give 2 thumbs up to the Heli Bars. This is certainly not news to anyone on these boards as Heli has a pretty good reputation. But I was not really a believer, so my liking them is a pretty good testament to the product.

BTW: No clearence problems even with the Brembo master cylinder.

Righ Hili-bar.jpg

Power to bag.jpg

You still have room for .75" risers/spacer too(plenty of slack in the lines and cables). I had them with my heli-bars and it made them even more comfortable.:thumbsup:

love my heli's but yeah, ya gotta stick em in the right spot to make the most of them :poke: :beerchug:

Metal Jacket - What Side Was That?!? - YouTube[/url]

:laugh:

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Private Pyle....:rofl:

Good thing she was there to save your $ and :moon:, now you can reward her with a nice dinner...:whistle:

You still have room for .75" risers/spacer too(plenty of slack in the lines and cables). I had them with my heli-bars and it made them even more comfortable.:thumbsup:

.75 yes, but nothing more, otherwise your lines will be too tight at full front fork extension, and eventually fail at an inopportune moment...

Dont worry bro, ask me how I know that Yoshimura has left and right side hanger brackets. :laugh:

Back