My crashed 01

DE44Magna

Registered
here you go, 70 mph down the fwy when some guy in a gardner truck desides to make a left turn from the slow lane and pin me to the center divider...

img002_294982110926.jpg

I explained the story in another post but I didn't have pics until today.  I was on CA HWY 10 when it happened, broke my right wrist in 2 places through the cartalige...havnt gone back to work yet, happened in 8/11/07.  I'm a BMW tech and now im looking for a desk job due to only 60% strenght in my left wrist (tryed going back to work for 1 month, didn't fly) Soooooooooo I put my 1994 Magna back together after I was rear ended on that in 2005.  That was a LAPD officer who was late for work and not watching were he was going.  Now its "Project frankenbike" with yamaha and vino parts on it, but it runs.  I'm looking forward to a nice settlement check so I can buy an '08 soon.  The sooner the better, my addiction hasn't faded only gotten stronger....
banghead.gif

I got the pics today cause I finally got to see it in the salvage yard
heart_broke.gif
it was like looking at the mangled corpse of a loved one
sad.gif

Man glad you made it out alive could of been alot worse im sure you know that get another soon enough my man
beerchug.gif

At the salvage yard they told me most bikes that look like mine don't have a living rider anymore. My wife and I thank God every day that I'm still here but its still like loosing a member of the family. RIP busa indeed.

If the bike is family, buy it back and rebuild it as a project. There was another thread a few days ago about a guy who bought up crashed bikes and rebuilt them putting life back into them and reselling them. So rebuild it, you'll feel better, and buy the new K8. You can have it all!

They want over $1100 for the "salvaged" bike, the front forks are broken, the engine cases are cracked, all plastics are destroyed (read split in multiple places) both rear sets are bent, the engine mounts are snapped off the frame (the engine is hanging out in space) the radiator is cracked and both front disc's and calipers are cracked. Its not worth saving, I could buy one in better condition for $1100. Basicly the intire bike minus the rear wheel, tire and swingarm needs to be replaced.
P.S. these pics are from the day after it happened, sence then the tail section and tank have become pretty busted up from them moving it with a fork lift. I forgot my camera today at the salvage yard so I had the insurance rep email the pics to me while I was there.

I explained the story in another post but I didn't have pics until today.  I was on CA HWY 10 when it happened, broke my right wrist in 2 places through the cartalige...havnt gone back to work yet, happened in 8/11/07.  I'm a BMW tech and now im looking for a desk job due to only 60% strenght in my left wrist (tryed going back to work for 1 month, didn't fly) Soooooooooo I put my 1994 Magna back together after I was rear ended on that in 2005.  That was a LAPD officer who was late for work and not watching were he was going.  Now its "Project frankenbike" with yamaha and vino parts on it, but it runs.  I'm looking forward to a nice settlement check so I can buy an '08 soon.  The sooner the better, my addiction hasn't faded only gotten stronger....
banghead.gif
Sorry to see a bike in that shape good to hear at least your ok........

I explained the story in another post but I didn't have pics until today. I was on CA HWY 10 when it happened, broke my right wrist in 2 places through the cartalige...havnt gone back to work yet, happened in 8/11/07. I'm a BMW tech and now im looking for a desk job due to only 60% strenght in my left wrist

Get yourself a k8
ThumbsUp.gif

And then you will be able to give your left wrist plenty of exercise
whistling.gif
if your left handed that is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back