My case is going to trial...

So that means we can settle for higher amounts if needed? I think the Pain and Suffering alone should be enough to justify a huge settlement. I had to drop out of Pre-Med for 2 semesters and I couldn't work for 3 months.
Looks like you and the wifey will be getting quite a settlement.........

and MATCHING HAYABUSA'S !!!!!!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

i used to work for personal injury lawyers. don't forget future problems that could arise from present injuries
winkold.gif

Do you think the nurse is still talking on her cell phone while she drives?

lurk.gif
She most likely is but with a much higher premium. I am glad to see everything worked out for you and your wife
thumb_up.gif
You guys got a good settlement and from all you went thru you should have gotten more, but I do understand not wanting to drag it on any longer than necessary.

Good to hear, well done!

Had the same thing happen to me a long time ago. Nurse did't help me either. She admitted to cutting me off because she was late for work (to help heal people mind you...) The biatch then changed her story when the police got there, trying to shift full blame on me. Sure seems like there's a lot of rotten apples in a profession that should attract mostly people who care about other people.

Mike B

Funny how it got settled just as the new law went into effect making it illegal to talk on your handheld cell phone and drive. Coincidence?
rock.gif

So that means we can settle for higher amounts if needed? I think the Pain and Suffering alone should be enough to justify a huge settlement. I had to drop out of Pre-Med for 2 semesters and I couldn't work for 3 months.
you can go for what ever seems right, however, policy limits are policy limits.. You can win judgment and never see a dime outside of what the coverage was from the insurance co. You can hope they have substantial assets or better than "required" insurance coverage..

We went through this about 5 years ago when Karen got hit by a guy that fell asleep.. 2 surgeries, and all the assorted costs? far more than the 25G of the guys policy.. He had to real assets, minimum insurance policy coverage and lucky for us we had uninsured/under insured coverage..

Good luck...

Policy limits don't mean anything in Ca....If the Ins. co doesn't pay enough to satisfy a judgement, you can sue in civil court for the remainder. Sue for their posessions, home, and future earnings because they will have a judgement that can be renewed.

Ron

Well I personally would had asked for $500k minimuim.

breakdown for expenses.
actual damages(ie: bike, material and medical)
lost wages(actual lost wages or lost benefits in writing)
lost enjoyment compensation(no payment, no bike, wasting valuable time of your precious life)
mental infliction compensation(court stress, accident stress etc)

I was rearended a few years back. I was fired through an intersection and off my bike backwards on the opposite side of the intersection knocking me out cold. I came to staring at a an off duty patrolman who was holding me down by my helmet.

I was strapped to a stretcher forcefully ( I was sure I was fine)
my bike was left laying in piece on the road.
Xrays, EKG's etc.....
clean bill of health

settlement offered by the guy's insurance company
$12K total.
This covered my deductables, and my bike. THAT WAS IT.

Apparently they called my insurance company who called me with their number. My insurance company didn't even want to disclose the insult to me. I was pissed to say the least. I told the thief thank you but I'd be seeing him in court. He asked what I thought was fair. I said well if hot coffee on the lap can get over $250K I figure a cool mil would be a good starting point. He said, you weren't even hurt. I told him I was mentally and I hung up.

About a week went by and second offer came directly into me. Their dedicated settlement for ONLY my emotional injuries was over double what they had proposed for my entire previous offering. They were also covering my full medical expenses , not just the deductables as they previously offered. I had to go to one of their offices and sign agreement of settlements and collect my check. Guy nearly choked after I sgned the check and told him," I'd happily settled for my bills paid and a sincere apology, but Hey the check is already issued so i guess I should spend it"
+1 -Nice work.

Back