More pics of today's work

100_2090.jpg

100_2091.jpg

100_2092.jpg

100_2093.jpg

Re: Need some helpful tips on removing my engine

I don't want this thread to get lost in the Dead Thread Zone! LOL

Ok, Now that I have the crank out, HOW do I get the parts off so I can send it to APE? Or should I send it and the rods as is to them to see if they will install the rods and parts on the new crank for me?

........ No one has opinions?

Unless you want to do the clearance measuring, let them install the rods for you. They charge a small fee. You could send them it all together and they will send you back the old parts.

You will still need to measure you crank journals when you install the crank to make sure you have correct oil clearance.

email Dustin or Pat at APE and they can get you handled.....start with Dustin. Dustin Oblonsky <salesdustin@aperaceparts.com

Good lookin out! Now, I AM getting the SSR1441-2 kit from them (hopefully with the 1507 crank if they'll do it) so the head and crank are core. Think they'll still help me out? I'll email Dustin now

Unless you want to do the clearance measuring, let them install the rods for you. They charge a small fee. You could send them it all together and they will send you back the old parts.

You will still need to measure you crank journals when you install the crank to make sure you have correct oil clearance.

email Dustin or Pat at APE and they can get you handled.....start with Dustin. Dustin Oblonsky <salesdustin@aperaceparts.com

Yes they should help you with sizing the rods, but you will have to size the main bearings!
1507 is a little much for a street bike! It will require more than usual maintenance!
Good lookin out! Now, I AM getting the SSR1441-2 kit from them (hopefully with the 1507 crank if they'll do it) so the head and crank are core. Think they'll still help me out? I'll email Dustin now

Also are you having the balance'r removed?

Yup, getting the dummy plug from them too. I emailed Dustin, eagerly awaiting response. I was thinking I'd have more MX than usual but I'm kinda willing to accept that. I don't mind working on her. After all the :banghead: it brings me a little bit of peace and tranquility. :laugh:

Also are you having the balance'r removed?

Think I should upgrade this thread to a new name?

Nice work! They come apart easy and with out much thought, it's the putting them back together that takes time and thought.

I have pulled at least 10 of these engines before and if I have one piece of advice for you it's label everything, label it twice if you have to......in a month you are not going to remember where that 6mm x 1.0 allen head bolt went.

The second thing is read, read, research, research, check and understand everything before you decide it's good, it will only take one bolt that's not torqued right or one wrongly installed component that could cost you thousands. Double and triple check your work and you will be good.

That being said I look forward to your progress.

Back