My Busa Overhaul

Re: Need some helpful tips on removing my engine

I think I'm gonna stare at its glory before I gut it and whatnot. Getting the kit from APE, the 1441 kit with the cams (unless they can put the 1507 crank with it instead of the Gen II crank) and I'm gonna install it. Then I'm going to mess with everything I can, try to get my frame apart maybe, get the swingarm from Lycan6, powder coat or paint my frame black, etc. I'm pretty much going to do what I've wanted to do for a long time.

Aight ya'll, need some advice.

Didn't really think THIS part out but don't crucify me about it.

Sprockets and chain. Who do we trust?

EK? Regina? SuperSprox? D.I.D? BikeMaster? Omega? Renthal? Tsubaki? Sunstar?

I want YOUR advice! Share your experiences and likes and dislikes!

I trust you! Lemme know!

Also, front and rear teeth. Stock? No? Remember its a 2005.

EK ZZZ O-ring chain if it's a street bike that'll see lots of miles.

EK DRZ-2 Non-Oring for a bike that won't see a ton of miles. I use this one because I wanted the strongest 530 chain out there and I don't mind cleaning/lubing the chain after every 100 miles or so.

Like above said on chain. EK ZZZ if on street. I have the DRZ2 on my 1441, but I only use it for running the mile.

I believe I have a Sunstar 18t on my front right now...also use rear JT, OEM, or Vortex, but again mine is limited use and I mix and match some times, depending on what gearing I need.

This is going to be a strip/street bike. Used as both a daily driver and taking to Sandia (which I will be utilizing the street and track).

Know the stock link count?

OK, here is the tool I made AND a picture of the oil cooler. You'll notice a fair amount of black on the oil cooler but I can't tell where its coming from. Brakes are good and I can't find anything wrong or leaking anywhere. Know what might cause this?

100_2049.jpg

100_2050.jpg

That's just weird. Time for a power wash.

I agree. I looked everywhere and can't find a single leak. I was thinking a pin hole in the cooler but after carefully watching it, I got nuthin

That's just weird. Time for a power wash.

The oil cooler is most likely the left side o ring is leaking!

Now as for the motor build, are you having the cases line bored before you get a new crank?
Any plans for any oil mods?
Any cooling upgrades?
What cams, and Valve springs are planing on,,,,,,,, as well as any head work?

you know i was going to tear down mine to powder coat the frame, i suddenly realized im not, thats allot of work to just paint the frame
i will just stick with the silver and be done with it. Good job tho on the picture taking and keeping us updated, its looking good

I was thinking about boring the crank mains but I'm not sure yet. We'll see when the crank comes out.

Next, I'm getting a HVOP gear to throw in during the build but other than that, that's about it for oil except going full synthetic.

I don't have any plans for the cooling yet but I prolly will after some research.

The package I'm getting from APE is coming with the .415 cams, springs, everything. It also includes the full port package. Its the stage 1 kit SR1441-2.

Now, here's where I am now. HOW IN THE HELL DO I SPLIT THIS CASE???:banghead: I have EVERY bolt out and it won't budge. I don't want to hit it too hard with my rubber mallot so PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I'M MISSING!!! :banghead:

The oil cooler is most likely the left side o ring is leaking!

Now as for the motor build, are you having the cases line bored before you get a new crank?
Any plans for any oil mods?
Any cooling upgrades?
What cams, and Valve springs are planing on,,,,,,,, as well as any head work?

100_2051.jpg

100_2053.jpg

100_2054.jpg

100_2055.jpg

100_2056.jpg

100_2057.jpg

100_2058.jpg

100_2059.jpg

100_2060.jpg

100_2061.jpg

100_2062.jpg

100_2063.jpg

100_2064.jpg

100_2065.jpg

100_2066.jpg

100_2067.jpg

100_2068.jpg

100_2069.jpg

100_2070.jpg

Looking good.so far.

You better ship GixxerHp a 1.75 bottle of Sailor Jerry and all your questions shall be answered throughout this build,

LOL GixerHP has been an EXTREMELY GREAT Help and I really do appreciate everything! Could use MORE advice though, so if its Sailor Jerry he wants, when I'm done, its SJ he gets!

Steel rear sprocket.
Get agressive with a stock bike and you'll break teeth on an aluminum one.
You should be making a couple extra hp than that:laugh:.

I am going to try to split the case again tonight:banghead: but any suggestions on HOW would be appreciated. Thank you

for splitting the cases there are bolts on the top of the engine...around the breather and 1 under the crank balancer...do you have the oil pan off? also you have to remove the clutch cover...if you haven't already

Back